LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

Boss just texted me, sent a pic of a nice 7 pointer, "oh it will ne good next year, if he makes it"  i want to puke....

Then he proceeded to inform me how he feels the rut will be winding down this week.

Such a kill joy.

I don't agree but what a debby downer.  He hunts 3M with boatloads of deer.  

8J. Absolutely beautiful morning, weather wise. Only had a little spike and a red fox come by this morning. Surprised there isn't better deer activity.

Seems crazy that this is hunt #46,, but I've yet to see any chasing or bucks with or trailing does. In the past week, they've been cruising during the day, but that's it. Not even seeing a spike in roadkill yet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ll hunt NJ. You got a private spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually my cousin may have a couple little spots but that bruiser was on public and I've seen good ones at spruce run...gotta go pick up my rv from Johnstown today I'll get back to you with specifics about season and stuff via pm.

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Get em TF

I took a recharge morning. Will be out for the second half.

Im with you ! Almost 60, used to hunt all day , during gun that meant hours of driving ,walking miles of muddy farm fields. Last afternoon I fought to stay awake sitting in a stand ...... Hip hurts walking 1/4 mile of muddy fields.

Seeimg multiple bucks each morning sit, and probably won’t hunt another morning till gun . I might even shoot a doe, to get some meat and sleep in more .

This year may well be a turning point for me .

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Nothing to see in Jersey (3 buck tags unlimited does, hunt early September to xmas to march)

I haven't been in a while but they are thick with whitetails and black bears.

IMG_6228.PNG

Biz lots of time to put an arrow thru a deer...meet at your place on the way down?

i have heard lots of bears.  Didnt the gov put a stop to all bear hunting on state land there?  thats crazy esp when they have such a big population.  Good luck out there.  

Wore out. Today and tomorrow is it for me. Bucks likely to win. First time since 2004.

Get to stare at pics of a target buck breeding a doe 8 hours earlier from the spot I’ve been in this AM.

Ah well.

• Like 1

I’m not hunting this week (working), but figured I’d give the 3N update. Mid 20’s temp, low wind. Seems perfect. Dad text me that he had a doe and 2 fawns at 10 feet (not yards) around 7am. No blind and they never saw him. Hopefully he sees a buck today.

He just passed a 3pt. At 15 yards. Guess they are moving today in 3N.

Actually my cousin may have a couple little spots but that bruiser was on public and I've seen good ones at spruce run...gotta go pick up my rv from Johnstown today I'll get back to you with specifics about season and stuff via pm.

Sounds good! I’ve hunted PA and CT years ago with xbow, but never NJ

I can't believe how dead it is out here! Just 1 little spike all morning. Was planning on a daylight til dark sit, but if I don't see something by 11, I think I'll head out to get a hot lunch, then be back by 1:00.

My back and knees have been aching for the past few weeks, I think from being so stiff in the stand for hours every day. Popping Advil and Tylenol to get through it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Second day of Rut-Cation completely different than yesterday so far. I'm back up on the hill in 6n watching a different spot so far only seen 1 deer which I jumped on the way in. Plan to sit till 11 then slip out for lunch and a warm-up then back in somewhere else for the afternoon. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Found him!50 yards from where I stopped and backed out,bedded down right next to a small pond.unfortunetly something got to him.ass gone,insides hanging out and smells.now I question if if I should've kept going yesterday.either way I know I did the right thing by following up and I'm dam happy with it meat or not.shot was low and back.turned n went out center of his stomach on other side

imagejpeg_0.jpg

20181112_080924.jpg

• Like 18
  • Sad 1

Catching up on the thread and some of you guys are ridiculous.  I mean who really cares if you say a deer is however old why do you have to agree or disagree, Just say nice deer...Many other examples of arguing back and forth over nonsense, not just age. I feel like all you guys are my hunting buddies and pull for all of you but man, sometimes this place is like nursery school. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Found him!50 yards from where I stopped and backed out,bedded down right next to a small pond.unfortunetly something got to him.ass gone,insides hanging out and smells.now I question if if I should've kept going yesterday.either way I know I did the right thing by following up and I'm dam happy with it meat or not.shot was low and back.turned n went out center of his stomach on other side

imagejpeg_0.jpg

20181112_080924.jpg

Classic coyote damage to your buck unfortunately.  They always start at the back end. We have had it happen to us. If we can't find a deer and find it the next day we have the same thing happen. Damn coyotes!                     valoroutdoors.com 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Francesco B
      Hello everyone I’m currently looking at a house in deposit ny I’ve been deer hunting for many year mainly in Columbia and Greene county never been to Broome county. Before anything I was just curious how is the hunting there ? I know there aren’t any antlered restrictions in Broome but are there monsters out there or is it mainly just small spike? If anyone from that county or knows about deposit and broome county would get back to me i would appreciate it. Hope everyone hunting today catch a big one thanks.
    • By Ainsley Ash
      The procedure below to carry the bow is detailed below:
      You have to use a cotton towel or something similar. You have to wrap it around the bowstring. Doing so ensures that it will not cause an injury with the bowstring coming in contact with your body. It will not be that sharp either. Once you cover the bowstring with the towel, you have to wear it like a sling. So that it will not fall away from your body. The best way to cover the bowstring is to use a large enough towel. You can wrap it around twice as well. When making a sling out of the cotton towel, you have to ensure that you tighten it to get a snug fit. In that case, it will not slip away. Consequently, it will remain in place. When using this technique to carry a bow on your back, it is essential to practice before going in the wilderness. Only when you can move briskly and without noise using the scanning mechanism should you go ahead with it. To remove the bow, you have to hold it at the bottom. After that, you have to slip it over your head as well as arm. Doing so ensures that you can remove it quickly. When trying to focus on a prey, you need to remove the bow quickly. The technique for removal that we have highlighted above can certainly help you do so.
    • By JDN2K
      Just want to relay an experience I had this weekend regarding hunting regulations and other hunters.
      I've had several  hunter's tell me last weekend(10/12/2020) that muzzleloader was open, it is not. I also had two other hunters last weekend confront me as to why my son was carrying around a rifle and hunting deer. I calmly explained the youth weekend and the rules around it. After that everything was cool and we continued our hunt.
      I know at the end of the day we're all trying to participate in a sport we love and maybe harvest some game. My thought is to just make sure you're up on your local hunting regulations. Not just so you are within the rules, but also so you can assert your right to be where you are, hunting the way you're hunting.
      I know when I have been operating outside of the regulations I have appreciated a person respectfully correcting my ignorance and I try to pay it forward by being informed and respectfully educating when required.
      Thanks for listening, off my SB...
    • By Alfredo
      Hello,
      I am in the process of purchasing my first rifle to go hunting deer for the first time.  However, I have received contradicting information regarding the types of rifles that are legal.  Based on what I have read, it appears that I am able to use a bolt-action rifle with a pistol grip and a detachable magazine which holds 10 rounds.  However, I have been told that this is not the case. I can't seem to find where this is stated.  Can any one here provide me with some insight into this? I'd really appreciate it.
      Thanks in Advanced,
      Alfredo
    • By RJ_Outdoor_Experience
      Newest Hunting Podcast called The Young American Hunter has now published its first episode. Lead by Ryan & Jake- the moderators of @rj_outdoor_exeprience on Instagram. Both Ryan and Jake are avid outdoorsmen and have been around hunting their entire lives. Learning from the young and the old, Ryan and Jake bring their experiences straight to you. On the first episode of The Young American Hunter podcast, Jake provides a brief introduction and explains the purpose of the show. Ryan will be joining in on future episodes. To listen to the episode, copy and paste the link below into your web browser. Here is the bio for Jake's introduction:

"Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show! Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show!"
      "FYI... Future podcasts will be longer! this was a basic overview of Jakes's hunting background. We hope you enjoyed it... God Bless America"

Link:  https://anchor.fm/youngamericanhunter
      FOLLOW: @rj_outdoor_experience on Instagram