LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

4 hours ago, Bionic said:

I’m out myself guys,  3k spot.  32 and light wet snow.  I spoke to my sister’s other half yesterday, he saw one 8 pointer, and some straggly odd looking spikes, unicorns, and 3 pointers, doe, and one bobcat.  They live about 6 or so miles away.  Had to skip yesterday, but I’m out each day until Monday.  Fingers crossed.  

Good luck, if any one deserves it it’s you. you have put a ton of time in the stand. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Seen squat. Bundling up and off to switch out cam cards. Going to walk through some thick stuff and hope I jump one 56d8411c387d5bf771f0c8f5611eac83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice peice of iron you got hanging around your neck. Good luck, I hope you shoot something..  

2 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I have seen just the opposite where I have hunted. I have set up using water as a pinch point and then they just meander through he water eating and not caring. 

That being said. When stream floods and are raging I don't think deer like to cross but will without a problem when pushed. Standing water though is a different story.

maybe it's different if they're loitering? thinking about it they were always on the move headed somewhere.

Turkeyfeathers,just rest up a little. You have been at it hard,but it is not over yet. If the hunting gods were watching they are about to send a big buck towards you and bionic as well.

I have gone through phases of being frustrated and bored,doing archery makes for a looong season,and not to forget muzzle loader. The deer will go back to their regular patterns soon,although regular is not a good word for what they are up to this year.

They are all over the place here,no good food crops to find them consistently.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Bagged it.  Going to clean n wipe down ML and put in safe. I’m about done hunting this year.  Not fun anymore.  

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

"Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now! Cause when the going gets tough.. The tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

Hey Moho you are right that it isn't over until we decide it is but to be accurate it was the Japanese and not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor. Good luck to all.               valoroutdoors.com 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CharlieNY said:

Hey Moho you are right that it isn't over until we decide it is but to be accurate it was the Japanese and not the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor. Good luck to all.               valoroutdoors.com 

Not an Animal House fan huh? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

im rooting hard for Bionic, TF and Biz's Dad !  they are putting in the time and effort for sure.  Everyday checking and hoping to see their hero pics!  

I was getting pretty disgusted this bow season and it turned in an instant 2 days before it ended - hang in there guys! 

I agree 100% must include Biz’s dad! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

flooding is good in my mind if it doesn't push movement to the other side of the property line. walking through hard ground that's flood is quiet and leaves little scent. my first outing though i almost got me in trouble i wasn't paying close enough attention and almost had water up over my rubber boots. it sometimes creates pinch points for deer travel through. they'd rather stay higher and dryer versus wading through deeper water if it's not too far out of the way.

All good points , the hardwoods has been more active I believe because other areas are so wet . Trouble is I can’t cross ditch to get to stands, then many of those stands are in the middle of deep water anyway .

Farm property just got 8+ inches of heavy wet snow today. Will make it a bit tougher on me to slog through the thickets, trying to get a deer to my partner, and grandson this weekend. 

You guys still out there giving all ya got, are the REAL hunters on this forum!!!

Hang in there!

Take a break if need be. 

Never give up!

You are truly inspiring!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Turkeyfeathers,just rest up a little. You have been at it hard,but it is not over yet. If the hunting gods were watching they are about to send a big buck towards you and bionic as well.

I have gone through phases of being frustrated and bored,doing archery makes for a looong season,and not to forget muzzle loader. The deer will go back to their regular patterns soon,although regular is not a good word for what they are up to this year.

They are all over the place here,no good food crops to find them consistently.

You hit a good point. The season is so long now from 10/1 through 12/18. I find myself hunting every available second as I want to not miss any of it. Then I'm like why am I not in bed, why am I sitting in the rain......Not enjoying it like I used to. A break is not a bad thing!! Recharge the batteries so to speak.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You hit a good point. The season is so long now from 10/1 through 12/18. I find myself hunting every available second as I want to not miss any of it. Then I'm like why am I not in bed, why am I sitting in the rain......Not enjoying it like I used to. A break is not a bad thing!! Recharge the batteries so to speak.

Because we all know with 100% certainty that the day you take the break or miss a sit is the very day the buck of a lifetime stops by. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, CharlieNY said:

Guess you never saw Animal House

I've been amazed at how much time some of you put into it.  Heck, if I hunted as much as some of you here, I'd surely start to hate it too.  It would be like a job then, which is NOT what hunting should be.  I think passing up too many animals leads to hunter fatigue also.  If you have tags for it, shoot it.  That's always been my motto.  What's the point of passing up deer if they give you a good shot opportunity?  Your next opportunity may not be a good one or may never come so for me the decision is easy when I do see one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Because we all know with 100% certainty that the day you take the break or miss a sit is the very day the buck of a lifetime stops by. 

That just means he will be bigger next time!!!

On that note though. A couple years ago I was hunting a certain big 10/11 pointer. Never showed himself in daylight. The one morning I was not in stand after him as my Mom needed help moving that suka walked right past my stand at 8am plain as day. Never got a pic of him in daylight again and after that winter never got a pic of him again.....

Alright TF, Moog flipped me. Get the heck back out there!!!

JK!!

Bagged it.  Going to clean n wipe down ML and put in safe. I’m about done hunting this year.  Not fun anymore.  

It’s always fun. You know the second that big buck walks out in front of you all the hard times will be worth it

Germans lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

That just means he will be bigger next time!!!

On that note though. A couple years ago I was hunting a certain big 10/11 pointer. Never showed himself in daylight. The one morning I was not in stand after him as my Mom needed help moving that suka walked right past my stand at 8am plain as day. Never got a pic of him in daylight again and after that winter never got a pic of him again.....

Alright TF, Moog flipped me. Get the heck back out there!!!

JK!!

Actually, you may be right.  I left early for breakfast mid rut when it was sleeting and freezing and sure enough the big buck we all wanted walked 15yds from my stand while I sat in the diner.  Didn't live that down for a while.  That said, I killed him 3 seasons later so your theory actually played out.  lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1