LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

9 hours ago, doebuck1234 said:

Nice!mentioned taking Friday off this week so I could have a long weekend to try and fill the freezer....got the reply of "what??? Can you work Saturday then?"....don't they know its crunch time?haha.been putting in 11-12hr days to try n catch up on workload.going to try again tomorrow.have 4 1/2 days vac to use up by new year.need to start planning it way ahead like you do!

funny part is I already have my deer hunting days picked out too but cant put in for them until 8 months ahead!  lol   Get yours in and locked up!  

As I was getting ready to park at my 100acre wood lot 2 shooters walked across the road onto my property so I drove around the block parked at he other end and walked the edge around to try to cut them off. Today is going to suck, going to have to sit today the ground is so crunchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Crap show of freezy heavy snow.  As called last night driving would not be fun.so I’ll work on the honey do list   Good luck out there and drive safe 

Also known as “alreadygotabuckitis” I had it yesterday and likely for the rest of the season despite still having the reg tag.

I like cold snow hunting...but we been doing it since last full week of bowseason

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

No reason needed, is there something wrong with waking up early?
Had to carry out the plywood seat and get everything set up so ł could be quiet from 6:30 on. Setup was flawless and ł wasn't going to go back to my cabin for an hour. Early is on time...
Limited moonlight made for nice observation of the night sky which was icing on the no deer cake.
Out of curiousity, anyone ever spent the night before opening day in a heated blind?

I was chasing a huge public land buck (160+) last year that was bedding on a peninsula of timber backed up by a creek. There was no good way to hunt it so I snuck in with my climber one night at like 2am and slept until day break. Ended up seeing the buck at 60 yards but no shot (bow only area). I’ll never do it again, I love antlers as much as the next guy but not enough to spend the night in a tree. I’ll spend more time scouting and trying to figure a better ambush. But I’d never look down on someone else for doing it, just a step too far for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I was home with my wife and sick infant yesterday but I was able to sneak out to the woods for the last hour of daylight.  Ground was extra crunchy, zero wind.  To my surprise I snuck up on a group of five doe, unfortunately with no doe tags in my pocket.  I snuck into my gully and found another two bedded.  Seven deer unaware of my presence, that never happens to me.

had a good sit last night. Really got to test my new vortex bino's in some low light conditions in the pines. For the black friday sale of $128 shipped these diamonbacks are impressive. Of course anything is nice compared to my old nikon 10x32's. I am going to get a harness for sure though.

I had 2 deer come through at about 80 yards. One was a shooter the other not so much. I didn't have a great shot and with meat in the freezer wasn't going to risk it. I believe the same 2 deer came back in later at bow range and I realized the bigger of the 2 is a huge bb i've seen a few times this year, in fact the 2 have been a pair for a while now. The odd thing is that this bb doesn't have very pronounced nobs. My dad and I are sort of wondering if it might be a busted spike. It's clear in bow range that there is something there, but certainly not clear that it's a bb. Also wondering if it's one of those sexually confused doe. Anyhow I let him and his smaller sister walk. The smaller sister might not get a pass during front stuffer season as I really want some extra meat to try my hand at snack sticks and sausage this year.

Not really happy this morning, had about about 2 hr sit this morning before having to attend a conference for work.   I really wanted to pull my cards to see the activity for the last weekend.  As I walk towards the spot where I placed my cameras, I noticed I don't see the straps holding them up.  Yes someone came on private property 30 min walk from a road or field and jacked two fo my cameras.  I will be knocking on doors later today, knowing I will never see the cameras again, it's just super frustrating someone would do that not on their property.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Made it out for a morning sit to try and  beat the 30 mph winds expected this afternoon. It turned out to be a complete flop. I didn't see a single track on the way in and after sitting for a couple of hours walked the entire top of the hill. I didn't see a single track on the entire hill. on the way back, or on the way in. They must be hunkered down some where because they sure don't seem to be moving in this area:

IMG_20181206_090557[1].jpg

Not really happy this morning, had about about 2 hr sit this morning before having to attend a conference for work.   I really wanted to pull my cards to see the activity for the last weekend.  As I walk towards the spot where I placed my cameras, I noticed I don't see the straps holding them up.  Yes someone came on private property 30 min walk from a road or field and jacked two fo my cameras.  I will be knocking on doors later today, knowing I will never see the cameras again, it's just super frustrating someone would do that not on their property.
Same thing happened to me last weekend in 3s

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, GTL1205 said:

I hate people at times .. 

I've learned to put crappy locks on all my cameras. It won't stop a determined thief, but it def stops opportunistic assholes who are just passing through. I haven't lost one since and others on my property who didnt listen to me had cameras vanish last year.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Polarnut said:

Same today in 7A-only 4 hr sit  NADT (not a dam thing), excluding a black squirrel 

I must have missed your earlier posts. Noticed you were a Phoenixer as well. I have not heard to many shots the last few days but have not been out as I'm tagged out in 7A until Monday.