LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Good luck out there fellas. My gone for hunting season present to my daughter and girlfriend this year is a trip to NYC. Never been before so let’s see how this goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After you go, you will appreciate grass more. 

Went out last night and knocked down two more does off the same cut corn field I got the last two off. The farmer was running the combine on the next field over and was a great distraction. I had 15-20 does in the field and after my first shot (which dropped the deer in ten yards) they all scattered to the middle and huddled up about 150 yards away. I reloaded the muzzy and ended up getting off two more shots, one of which connected. The second deer stood in the field for 10-15 minutes and I was out of ammo so I just had to watch her. My shot looked and felt good and I saw blood dripping but she eventually bedded in a hedge row and I decided to give her the night. Found her ten yards from the hedge row this morning and I hit within a couple inches of where I was aiming. I thought she was broadside and she must have been quartering more than I could see because it ended up exiting about half way back so think I caught her liver, one lung and some guts. It was tricky trying to shoot around other deer (you can see them huddled up in the pic) but I guess I should have taken more time to assess her angle to me. She’s stiff as a board so I’m just gonna skin her, quarter her out and cut out the backstraps and neck. I’ve got two doe tags left that got signed over to me I’m hoping to fill this weekend then a buck tag once muzzy starts. My freezer is full so all my deer are going to friends and family less fortunate. My farmers are happy, my friends and family are happy and I’m happy to share the wealth that is venison. Good luck to all you other hunters trying to fill tags the last few days. The next few days look awesome for the Rochester area!

d2471fab4bc4396555be72cb54a7ac0b.jpg&key=2963ef73d175bb4b6f674903a1ee84aa17ef5064df5e147316c87021443f6a75

5d23856f15a5e8612685083842e904ba.jpg&key=f0f2b0514b5d75215b7a8c4a1a4c9064ba838d97044d2fc8a8ef57ba43ea384f

083ac21537a5227a5e002821d1e942df.jpg&key=93087dd1e24a900d2e1c5b36ed7321eecd7a8d522460054feefb1baeab431755

2c1698fc6161941684c4da11956ac225.jpg&key=819e6e6362bb289140de11e459c8313b99bb717032ffd463169f4c3aa98243f5

Awesome hunt! Congrats

cfe5c1b8ab721d13dbfa8bbb5e1a7463.jpg&key=70d728dbe64ba5a99aea54010e5cb6e8227363e66b454c21fcb5dbb7c305ae73well boys I made it. First impressions of the city is I wish it was legal to pinch every person that blows there horn. Other than that all is well. The street hot dog sucked and I dropped a huge poop at the American girl doll store.

Take them to Bryant Park Winter Wonderland. Tons of unique shops and food/drinks there. Free to walk around. You are very close in that pic. Just a few blocks away

• Like 2

Well my season is done and i hope everyone with tags left gets a chance to fill them.  Im moving into my house this weekend.   Took 10 years of blood sweat and tears to get to this point. so i will be ok not filling any tags and missing the last weekend.    Good luck to those going out.

• Like 12

Made it out for an afternoon sit. I saw 4 on the neighboring property with no access and couldn't see any horns. Had two doe sneak through the thick stuff and couldn't get a shot. Saw a doe on the way out and a flag behind her. After hours so I didn't even try a shot. First time ever but right around 4:00 I had two coon climb up a tree close by and started pigging out on wild grapes.

Strange season without a doubt. I'll be out in the morning probably on some state land hoping someone is out moving them around and I will be able to get lucky. Good luck to all those going tomorrow and dress warm.

IMG_20181207_153625[1].jpg

IMG_20181207_160845[1].jpg

Freezing cold with occasional horizontal snow and completely uneventful sit this morning. Followed by freezing cold uneventful until the last possible minute this afternoon. Finally saw deer on this overpressured property. Only problem was they were behind me and then behind me again and then running back and forth across the field like chickens with their heads cut off. They held me hostage in the stand long enough to get me shivering head to toe. Mixed group of 5 with two small bucks, who did some sparring in the field for extra entertainment. That was a long cold day to have to choose not to shoot at the end of my comfortable range. And then to not shoot after legal light. Glad the long cold day and excitement didn’t cause me to make a bad decision. I’m looking for the “win” in this situation. And... looking for my extra warm socks and more firewood. Brrrr!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

cfe5c1b8ab721d13dbfa8bbb5e1a7463.jpgwell boys I made it. First impressions of the city is I wish it was legal to pinch every person that blows there horn. Other than that all is well. The street hot dog sucked and I dropped a huge poop at the American girl doll store.

museum of natural history

Great place if you never been before 

• Like 1

Well my season is done and i hope everyone with tags left gets a chance to fill them.  Im moving into my house this weekend.   Took 10 years of blood sweat and tears to get to this point. so i will be ok not filling any tags and missing the last weekend.    Good luck to those going out.

Congrats!!

One of the best nights in the woods this season for me,, had a basket rack 1 1/2 old 8 point 10’ from my stand, saw a nice 8 point but only came into 50 yards and both bucks where with yearling does,, boy I was wishing I could hunt this spot with a gun...

Great night and the bigger 8 is now on my hit list for the rest of the season.

Good luck..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

cfe5c1b8ab721d13dbfa8bbb5e1a7463.jpgwell boys I made it. First impressions of the city is I wish it was legal to pinch every person that blows there horn. Other than that all is well. The street hot dog sucked and I dropped a huge poop at the American girl doll store.

We stopped at that store in Chicago, place gave me the heeby jeebies.  Concur with the museum of natural history!

9 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got out for a little bit today, had this big boy swoop in and land near me 4ebd85b62a7207081ad814b576f5c80b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Owls are awesome.  Last year, during muzzle loader, my dad and his buddy are inside the cabin getting hammered, lying their butts off to one another when I get back from the stand 30 minutes past dark.  Just enough light in the sky for me to see a great horned perched about 20 yards away from those 2 old goats inside making a racket.  The bird is doing a side to side step thing and tilting it's head, like " WTF ?! ". They have interesting personalities.

• Like 1

I got out on some state forest land this afternoon.. Walked down a nice horse/snowmobile trail in the woods, downhill across a creek and up the other side.. started to look like good deer woods.. and BLAM goes a shot, not that far away.  I stood still for a minute or so then BLAM. Another blast. Figured whatever deer were there were either dead or running scared, so reversed my steps.. coming back up the hill saw three guys just getting set up.. about 50 yards from the road.. Whole thing looked Deliverance sketchy.. so I left. Drove down the hill to the apple orchard, walked a trail, saw some tracks.. but no live bodies.  And on the way home I saw 8 does and a buck, less than a mile from my house. Of course!

Well my grandson doesn't want to sit in near 0 degree weather in the morning. So guess I'll do a solo hunt for a doe. Not feeling that great. So probably be back home by noon or so. But I just gotta be out there!
I don't blame him......you tend to forget how cold it really feels after sitting for a few hrs. In temps below 20 degrees when we really don't have those extremely low temps 95% of the season.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1