burmjohn

LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Live from the shed...son is bugging me for tendies gotta get these chores done 

IMG_5995.PNG

Shot was more like an 8c on the chart entered lung exited liver easy track 80 yds I spotted him but the dog deserves the credit to...no blood trail really

IMG_5997.PNG

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 22

3 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Photo at 36.  Didn’t want to move and possibly give up stand.  Same buck for sure.  Phades got him.    No doubt in my mind.

Not the greatest pic Moog.  Maybe next time you should paint a magical portrait instead!

Edited by stubborn1VT
  • Like 4

Just had that huge 9 at 25yds.  He won Russian roulette.   Only 75yds from Phades stand.   Picked the right hunter.  Uggghhhhh

Sounds like my dad. “Wish you would have been in my stand” lol. Somehow makes it worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

21 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Photo at 36.  Didn’t want to move and possibly give up stand.  Same buck for sure.  Phades got him.    No doubt in my mind.  

330EB9D5-E574-4999-9B6F-F733A2A1E351.jpeg

672FD276-8B7B-496C-AD77-B632F403F05B.png

Goood lawwwwwd.

• Like 1

Today was probably the most action packed sit that I have here at home, on my own land.  No legal bucks, but lots of small bucks, and does.  Its all or nothing here it seems.  I needed this mentally.

• Like 7

330EB9D5-E574-4999-9B6F-F733A2A1E351.thumb.jpeg.61466c3fd5f2783e7f5290625bad7739.jpeg
672FD276-8B7B-496C-AD77-B632F403F05B.thumb.png.111e526aaeec49608a7eb0582df8c425.png

Damn Moog....wish I was a “leg man” .... this pic would be amazing!!! And yet it’s still a monster!!!

Live from the shed...son is bugging me for tendies gotta get these chores done 
IMG_5995.thumb.PNG.feaf023bbb07b9a5e4a62dc7bbbec338.PNG
Shot was more like an 8c on the chart entered lung exited liver easy track 80 yds I spotted him but the dog deserves the credit to...no blood trail really
IMG_5997.thumb.PNG.ac3c517c0e2d91ae3fc7c6a28eb82c50.PNG

Glad this all worked out man. I know it sucks on your end, but I enjoyed following your story from the couch.

I had a very similar shot years ago. Single lung, liver and out the guts. The intestines plugged the exit and I had no blood. 3 hours of grid search and there he was about 80 yards.

• Thanks 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

42 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well i got found my arrow about 75 yards after the shot. Just as i got to it he stood up 10 yards ahead and walked off. Definitely crushed the liver. Back in the house waiting till 830 to go back out. Hoping the yotes keep away from him.

Hoping the best for you.  Might want to wait a bit more than that but def always a worry with the yotes.  Good luck.  Hope to see another good end to a track today!

• Like 1

Well we saw 9 doe and 1 unsure, we boogied out a little early when the rain picked up. He said dad let's go ur not going to shoot a deer with the rain anyways, I said yes I would, then in the back of my mind said no he's probably right.

• Like 2

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Congrats on finding him Paul!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Thanks 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Today was probably the most action packed sit that I have here at home, on my own land.  No legal bucks, but lots of small bucks, and does.  Its all or nothing here it seems.  I needed this mentally.

Happy for you.  You have to have a day like that once in awhile.  I saw 3 kinds of small bird ( chickadee, junco, sparrow) and that was it.  Not even a squirrel.  How many did you see in all?

Congrats to all those who killed today.  (Way to go Paul!)I thought they would really move based on time of year and weather.

Good luck Zeek.  Track 'm up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

...no blood trail really

Is that because of the rain or hit? Looks like there should have been a trackable bloodtrail from the hit.?

Edited by Cabin Fever

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Nine deer tonite. Three nice doe ran past followed by a horny little spike. He got a pass. The others were all out of range. Fun, but something needs to die here soon. 

9 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Happy for you.  You have to have a day like that once in awhile.  I saw 3 kinds of small bird ( chickadee, junco, sparrow) and that was it.  Not even a squirrel.  How many did you see in all?

Congrats to all those who killed today.  (Way to go Paul!)I thought they would really move based on time of year and weather.

Good luck Zeek.  Track 'm up.

Thank you! It was much needed...

I saw 3 doe early, then a small spike rubbing.  Later on saw a 3 pointer mosey on by, then that cool 4 pointer, he hung out awhile.  I saw another 5 deer around 5pm to 5:30 walking together, one is a button.  That is an action packed lucky sit in my neck of the woods.  I jave gone weeks without sightings before.  Last year sat a full week, no animals at all.  That type of area.  I had a few full day sits like you describe last weekend  here, you truly start questioning yourself, and your scent, etc.  Hope your next sit is more exciting than mine today.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 46rkl said:

Nine deer tonite. Three nice doe ran past followed by a horny little spike. He got a pass. The others were all out of range. Fun, but something needs to die here soon. 

You ever get my PM that you asked for?

58 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well i got found my arrow about 75 yards after the shot. Just as i got to it he stood up 10 yards ahead and walked off. Definitely crushed the liver. Back in the house waiting till 830 to go back out. Hoping the yotes keep away from him.

Don’t think you’re to far from Lancaster. Message me if you need a hand 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Belo said:

Sounds like my dad. “Wish you would have been in my stand” lol. Somehow makes it worse.

Phades got him.  Mark my words!   He is bedding close by.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Phades got him.  Mark my words!   He is bedding close by.  

Phades is bedding close by?  That's hardcore.  Don't underestimate the sneakiness!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Phades is bedding close by?  That's hardcore.  Don't underestimate the sneakiness!

Do what you gotta do. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reno223556 said:

First time, long time. 8pt in 4j. First bow kill. Great success! 8pt.thumb.jpg.a26616c2191e8c0e0630e5095cf33d5e.jpg

Drilled Him! Great shot