burmjohn

LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Ur not that far from me, wanna come to my camp and build one of those lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With this buddy heater u can be in here with just your thermals. Lol my daughter trying on the ear muffs in case I shoot 9b7be806fa5ec3ab397b12aa71d58d55.jpg&key=98755d0b5e5f433fe6bedc85f5b5bcf6b8cbf4b425905fc5c470fb6695ff7a9f

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

Yea,[mention=7930]jmp5008[/mention] And I were talking about doing one in the spring. Can’t decide if we want to use trees or make it freestanding

Free standing, I brought up 8 buckets of water and even poured cement with the brackets for the 4x4 posts

• Like 2

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

6 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

With this buddy heater u can be in here with just your thermals. Lol my daughter trying on the ear muffs in case I shoot 9b7be806fa5ec3ab397b12aa71d58d55.jpg&key=98755d0b5e5f433fe6bedc85f5b5bcf6b8cbf4b425905fc5c470fb6695ff7a9f

How big and tall and inside is your blind? This looks like a fun build mine would be heated by wood

• Like 1

How big and tall and inside is your blind? This looks like a fun build mine would be heated by wood

My deck is about 10x16 and the hut is about 5x10 ish

Roof is about 8 feet high on a pitch

• Like 1

- John

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

How many points for a selfie with 15 turkeys under 20 yards away? Please excuse the dirty stache. It's for Movember and thankfully will be departing Dec 17ffb5e2dea702b171b3ac540dde2c9bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Do you ride your skateboard to your stand with a path like that?  LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

My deck is about 10x16 and the hut is about 5x10 ish

Nice.Thats for sure a1-2 man hunting blind glad to see your littles are getting to enjoy it with Ya.

Nice.Thats for sure a1-2 man hunting blind glad to see your littles are getting to enjoy it with Ya.
First time, asked her and she wanted to go. Watching a doe right now at 150 yards. She goes shoot it dad!

• Like 4

- John

3 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

First time, asked her and she wanted to go. Watching a doe right now at 150 yards. She goes shoot it dad!

POW POW

Fork and six for twenty minutes S close as ten yards , till a snow mobile in the field 100 yards away some by . They ran out other side of woods .

I hate hate them in gun season !

9F76492E-DAF4-4C7E-A667-7652B32A5F13.png

1B4E1475-91A7-4317-831E-C3BB1A06C49A.png

• Like 6

Do you ride your skateboard to your stand with a path like that?  LOL
That's but a small portion of an over quarter mile driveway

Well...... I blew it on a wall hanger. I tried to force the shot through a bunch of brush. I should know better. I'm glad it was a clean miss right over him instead of wounding him. Hope to get another crack at him sometime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

How many points for a selfie with 15 turkeys under 20 yards away? Please excuse the dirty stache. It's for Movember and thankfully will be departing Dec 17ffb5e2dea702b171b3ac540dde2c9bb.jpg

You call that a STACHE  ??.. Looks like PEACHFUZZ to me.....<< GRIN>>…..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

You call that a STACHE  ??.. Looks like PEACHFUZZ to me.....<< GRIN>>…..

That is funny!Reminds me of the Shaving cream song

You call that a STACHE  ??.. Looks like PEACHFUZZ to me.....>…..
Blonde hair makes for a super weak stache. Gonna just for men it at the end of the month so it's more visible

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Blonde hair makes for a super weak stache. Gonna just for men it at the end of the month so it's more visible

I have a thicker stache inside my ears.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Took about a 60 yd shot on a small buck. Initial blood trail, in snow, is heavy but very dark, almost black. Waiting on dad to determine how to proceed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chefhunter86 said:

Go read the what’s for dinner thread

Hey thats how rumors sart!

besides, you started it!

Edited by Bionic

Whew long day. Up in stand at 6:15 at 7 degrees. Sat for 4 hours. I'm on state land and then have 12 guys come down and line up 40 yards from me from the bean field on my right 30 yards between each all the way across to the beans 300 yards out left and push the whole strip right away from me lol. I stayed for a few prob not long enough and headed out. Heard about 16 shots about half hour later. They ended up pushing about 10 out and shot a small buck. Nice guys they were having fun. They told me later they been pushing the place for 3 days. I will stay outa there for a while. No deer there will be moving during light with out getting stepped on. Spent the next 3-4 hours with my BIL trying to get something going. We both zipped. My little brother shot a wolc special on one of my local props.

My dogs are beat. Back at in tomorrow.

Edited by Fletch
  • Like 1

Hey thats how rumors sart!
besides, you started it!

I take blame for nothing!!!! It’s not my fault you like almond sauce lol

23 minutes ago, manmathison said:

Took about a 60 yd shot on a small buck. Initial blood trail, in snow, is heavy but very dark, almost black. Waiting on dad to determine how to proceed. 

Liver hit for sure. That is a dead deer,but it might take several hours.  Don't go bumping it,they usually bed down not far from the hit site. Did you see it hunch up a little too?

And.what was the angle f the shot? If you got a.lung as well it should be dead pretty soon.

• Like 2

Well, I saw a bunny, feral cat, pile of (digested) feathers, and one deer of unknown gender over 150 yards away. Had a small window where it was visible and wasn't even able to find it in the scope. The good news is that the new Baffin (Selkirk model) boots were awesome. Warm and comfortable. The afternoon warmed up to above freezing, the sun came out and the wind wasn't as bad as expected. Was a great day for a sit. Too bad no deer to join me. Any idea what kind of bird these feathers came from? (The pic looks a bit washed out, they were more blue than it appears.

y4mNg4LfSjJRyzyAc_36VdtsshYTcx6dStGGtPjY

I went for a walk down the road and into the woods for the last hour of light. I spotted a deer when i wasnt any further than 60 yds in the woods. 

Too bad it turned out to be a lone doe,i snuck to within 50 yds,but no other deer around. Then it got dark fast and no other deer walked my way.  

It is always nice to see something though.

2 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Well, I saw a bunny, feral cat, pile of (digested) feathers, and one deer of unknown gender over 150 yards away. Had a small window where it was visible and wasn't even able to find it in the scope. The good news is that the new Baffin (Selkirk model) boots were awesome. Warm and comfortable. The afternoon warmed up to above freezing, the sun came out and the wind wasn't as bad as expected. Was a great day for a sit. Too bad no deer to join me. Any idea what kind of bird these feathers came from? (The pic looks a bit washed out, they were more blue than it appears.

y4mNg4LfSjJRyzyAc_36VdtsshYTcx6dStGGtPjY

blue,that has to be a blue jay i would think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1