LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

Nothing i thought my lease would have action all day sat until 1 and all i saw was a couple birds and squirrels.   However in a 30yards radius i fou d 15 rubs and 5 scrapes.  5 are on huge trees and they were all centered around this one.  And this tree is tore up on each side.  Maybe next weekend. Sorry dont know how to rotate the pictures.

20181104_124459.jpg

20181104_124530.jpg

• Like 1

Bobby the bobcat is in the freezer. Ripped and replaced the carpet in my one sons bedroom and took the family for lunch. Quick scent free shower and took a long walk down to this creek bottom ladder stand. I keep seeing a nice buck pushing does around at each end of this creek bottom where it meets the roads. Hoping to catch something pushing does through here tonight.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Nothing i thought my lease would have action all day sat until 1 and all i saw was a couple birds and squirrels.   However in a 30yards radius i fou d 15 rubs and 5 scrapes.  5 are on huge trees and they were all centered around this one.  And this tree is tore up on each side.  Maybe next weekend. Sorry dont know how to rotate the pictures.

20181104_124459.jpg

20181104_124530.jpg

For the sake of all arborists , protect those trees and kill that buck^_^

• Like 1

They do taste good...the best no, that would be yearling doe
congrats nice season chef

Thanks Paul, honestly it’s the best one I’ve ever had. I’m at 3 deer so far done for now. Which is great because today is the last day I am able to hunt till opening day. I know not everyone approves of taking young deer. I’ve already got some negative response in my contest thread. But I have to say that little guy is gunna eat great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Thanks Paul, honestly it’s the best one I’ve ever had. I’m at 3 deer so far done for now. Which is great because today is the last day I am able to hunt till opening day. I know not everyone approves of taking young deer. I’ve already got some negative response in my contest thread. But I have to say that little guy is gunna eat great!

Damn straight it will eat good. I've put one of those in my freezer before. It walked right up on me on my way into a stand. Took some heat from my buddies but I claimed self defense.

• Like 2

Beautiful morning to be in the woods. Good thing because there were no deer. Checked the scrape  line I found last week and all except one are covered in leaves and not touched. The one not cover looked like it was hit a couple of days ago but couldn't tell for sure. No tracks, no dropping no fresh rubs or anything. Went & pulled a trail cam that was out for two weeks and not a single deer. Walked the whole area with no tracks or any other sign. They must have left  the country but I am going back this afternoon and re-think my future game plan. Either way it was a beautiful day; probably the best one of the season so far:

IMG_20181104_105815[1].jpg

IMG_20181104_073009[1].jpg

IMG_20181104_072724[1].jpg

IMG_20181104_072742[1].jpg

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

For the sake of all arborists , protect those trees and kill that buck^_^

Ide love to. Theres been a buck doing this the last 2 years there.  I think its either the white faced 9 everyone seems to see or its one of the big wide 8 or its the 10 i saw making a scraoe in that area last year.  He even got mad enough 3 of the trees rubbed are muscle wood never seen a rub on thise before. Hard to hunt that piece being 45mins away.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

2pm I’m back in woods. Nestled into blind.

Passed 4 more buck rubs on way in. That weren’t here last weekend. Gonna be a great week for my dad while I’m at work I think.

Watching Chiefs and Patty Mahomes go wild again while waiting for a buck!

698ea90e2e7f7072c2b9dd9e326c98f4.jpg

Some will probably take this as a jab, which it’s not.

But curious why you’d take a small deer (understanding you didn’t know it was a bb) if you already had 2 in the freezer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So an eventful morning. I hear something moving down below me in the gully and I hear my cousin shoot. He was sitting up above the other side of the gully. He shot a coyote. We tracked it for over a mile had pools of blood and the trail led us to the beaver pond. No more blood no coyote. All of a sudden a monster buck stands up he was bedded 10 yards off of the blood trail we were following. Get back to the cabin and a lone doe standing right in the driveway. Back in another stand now listening to the bills getting there ass beat. Hope that monster finds his way over

Finally in now. Despite the small doe I shot and another buck around 8:20-8:30, I saw nothing else between 6:30 and then. I hunt out for two more hours and saw nothing.

I did drop this off at butcher--the guy is an artist and should maximize the meat return. Another guy had dropped off 3 while I was there and said his woods were hopping. Was nice weather, though, and I am not complaining.

I pulled the plug at 11am so I could check in on some tree stands before gun season and get home for my mother in laws birthday dinner.

Saw a nice buck before sunrise then a lone doe at 9am. 4 more tails around 10:30 as they got spooked then lastly one more doe I jumped while checking stands.

It was a great day for seeing deer but frustrating for other reasons.

I only have Saturday until mid day then hopefully all day Sunday left to hunt.

Nothing so far here in 6g pulled cards from 2 cams on the way in. My swamp stand is now about a Ft deeper than it was the last time I was here with all the rain. It sure felt warmer than 45 degrees on the walk in not use to the sun being out, even know I was only wearing half my hunting clothes I still worked up a sweat and that sucks. Good luck to everyone. Congrats to all those who put one down today.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk