LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

burmjohn

28 minutes ago, TheMiz54 said:

Had a pretty successful Friday. After driving up from Virginia through the night I got to the cabin around 530am got in the tree stand by 6.

I ended up doubling up that day even though it snowed much of the day. It was an awesome day.

dcdaac5b1cdd7ea6b1fb6d4f46cb6f40.jpg
3cc2d6d12e8dc1f40531515f154c1d87.jpg
218d00ae909a1713ce41e18db415332a.jpg
c839aa1d2e35c28444432c42b5c1586b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Damn good day right there.

• Like 2

Had 2 doe come in as I was checking my inner eyelids for ticks. Moved too fast and they caught me. Later a nice 6 snuck in from my 5:00 and never presented a shot(not sure I would have taken it anyway). Nose to the ground looking for love.
Fun hunt that should have resulted in more burger!

Took this guy at 40ish yards(I think 42) on the ground today. He either turned or was quartering to more then I thought ,the arrow came out by the back leg . Light snow on the ground made for an easy track that would have been tricky with little to no blood .  

20181110_143733.jpg

20181110_143923.jpg

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 31

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Took this guy at 40ish yards(I think 42) on the ground today. He either turned or was quartering to more then I thought ,the arrow came out by the back leg . Light snow on the ground made for an easy track that would have been tricky with little to no blood .  

20181110_143733.jpg

20181110_143923.jpg

Congrats!

• Like 2

20181110_143733.thumb.jpg.df4c7696a7308db71f8eb8426391efa2.jpg
20181110_143923.thumb.jpg.021f739ce0105ca173d5645e760799c1.jpg

On the MuthaFkn ground! Congrats again!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I thought it was a doe till i saw him this morning. 2 shitty 3 inch pencil width spikes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ok that tells me he was in a battle dome with other bucks and got his @$$ kicked by bigger bucks. Rut is on and from the battle damage he had on him, you have a good cast of bucks in your area. You have good prospects for rest of season, my friend! Multiple bucks IN your area!

Finally got it done today in this crazy wind. First bow kill after 2 seasons of learning. 7ptr came in hot at about 20yrds. Let it fly and he ran about 40-50 yards. Slick trick left a nice trail to follow. Pumped is an understatement. Glad I finally get to contribute to the thread with a deer on the ground. 925cce5e57f4d610611be91b2071f733.jpg

• Like 38

2 minutes ago, Spear said:

Finally got it done today in this crazy wind. First bow kill after 2 seasons of learning. 7ptr came in hot at about 20yrds. Let it fly and he ran about 40-50 yards. Slick trick left a nice trail to follow. Pumped is an understatement. Glad I finally get to contribute to the thread with a deer on the ground. 925cce5e57f4d610611be91b2071f733.jpg

Congrats. Nice buck and nice shot.  

• Like 1

Congratulations to all the successful hunters today! You guys rock!

Another day of close, but not close enough. Good rut activity seen today!

Going to switch properties in the morning. Will team up with Jdubs. I haven't hunted this property since first week of October. So anything is possible on this hunt, with a bit of luck.

• Like 4

My uncle calls me about 530 and ask what I’m doing. Automatically I know what’s up so I ask him where are you and how big. He went out to a piece of property we have permission to hunt in Pendleton. I jumped at the chance to help because I’ve never had the pleasure to take my little guy out and track/drag. It’s definitely a memorable experience I loved it and so did he!521542C7-304C-4E25-A987-CD475554EC95.thumb.jpeg.d3a37b2a281f24e7210839c7b941357b.jpeg

• Like 13

3 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Yote country?  What time did you hit him? 8 hrs later he should be dead go back then if you can.

Liver is king for dog search

Shot him at 2 pm, waiting til morning.  Deer search says there's nobody available in my hunting area, Schoharie county.  I guess the guy who usually handles it is busy.  As long as we don't get a bunch of lake effect tonight shouldn't be that bad of a track, I marked where I left it.  He was blowing blood the whole trail, very easy to follow.  

Also in retrospect I'm sure I was bumping him more, lost all sanity.  I google earth pro'd the route, approx. 1600 yards.  IT FELT LIKE 2 MILES!

Ok that tells me he was in a battle dome with other bucks and got his @$$ kicked by bigger bucks. Rut is on and from the battle damage he had on him, you have a good cast of bucks in your area. You have good prospects for rest of season, my friend! Multiple bucks IN your area!
I hope you're right sir!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Shot him at 2 pm, waiting til morning.  Deer search says there's nobody available in my hunting area, Schoharie county.  I guess the guy who usually handles it is busy.  As long as we don't get a bunch of lake effect tonight shouldn't be that bad of a track, I marked where I left it.  He was blowing blood the whole trail, very easy to follow.  

Also in retrospect I'm sure I was bumping him more, lost all sanity.  I google earth pro'd the route, approx. 1600 yards.  IT FELT LIKE 2 MILES!

i bet it did,that is a long track in anyone's book. I hope you find him dead but intact,best of luck.

I am going to sit at the end of a 40yd wide strip of woods between a pasture and a golden rod field. Where i sit the golden rod ends and turns into woods. The golden rod will be upwind of the strip of woods.

All of this has my hopes up,but a lot of the time the deer dont seem to have the same ideas that i have.

It would be nice to get a shot at one tomorrow.

Oh,and i think i will sit on the ground,better coverage from there. My tree stand doesn't cover enough area with the limbs in the way.