DMP TAG Exchange, Swap, Donate

longislandbowhunter

Interesting .... I put in for 4H and did not get it but that's just typical . I get one there about every other year so I get a preference point every other year . A relative put in for 4H and did not get it , the day before opening day ( gun - SZ) he gets one in the mail (which I pushed one to him opening day ) ?  I put in for my DMP's about two weeks before the relative and never received anything in the mail . I realize it's a lottery and am unsure if timing means anything ? Also does where an individual live have any bearing as to where they put in for a DMP , I doubt it but ya never know ! Just curious !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Bought mine and my grandson's tags yesterday. We both got denied for 4-H DMP's.

So......I could offer a buck hunt on good private land, at my lake property in the Heldebergs of Albany County, for a 4H DMP??

Edited by grampy

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 11:06 AM, UpStateRedNeck said:

Don't you get a landowners permit, Dave?

Yes, we get one to split between my partner and I. He uses more meat than I do, so I always defer to him. He has more mouths to feed.

Times being what they are, this year I'm being asked by a couple more folks that have little, to give more meat if I have any extra to give. These are proud people. I always drop off meat saying my freezer is full, and could they help me out by taking some. My freezer will go empty before theirs does.

• Like 6

On 12/4/2020 at 9:24 AM, GreeneHunter said:

Interesting .... I put in for 4H and did not get it but that's just typical . I get one there about every other year so I get a preference point every other year . A relative put in for 4H and did not get it , the day before opening day ( gun - SZ) he gets one in the mail (which I pushed one to him opening day ) ?  I put in for my DMP's about two weeks before the relative and never received anything in the mail . I realize it's a lottery and am unsure if timing means anything ? Also does where an individual live have any bearing as to where they put in for a DMP , I doubt it but ya never know ! Just curious !

same here i got a better chance hitting powerball then getting a 4 h tag .4R every other yr i get a tag and every other year i get a preference point except 2 yrs ago i got a preference point and in the first week of nov. i got a tag in the mail .they had left over tags. I think the problem is with 4H is that most of it is in albany cty  and only a small part of greene cty[ oak hill] is in it so they issue less permits.

10 minutes ago, meateater said:

same here i got a better chance hitting powerball then getting a 4 h tag .4R every other yr i get a tag and every other year i get a preference point except 2 yrs ago i got a preference point and in the first week of nov. i got a tag in the mail .they had left over tags. I think the problem is with 4H is that most of it is in albany cty  and only a small part of greene cty[ oak hill] is in it so they issue less permits.

Interesting .... My property borders Route 145 which is the line for 4H and 4R (antler restrictions) ! For years I played the game of which one do I put in for with the best chances ! Never seems to work out too well !

Bought mine and my grandson's tags yesterday. We both got denied for 4-H DMP's.
So......I could offer a buck hunt on good private land, at my lake property in the Heldebergs of Albany County, for a 4H DMP??

I assume 4H never comes up for that second round of tags?

If it does I’ll put in for it. I got more tags for my area than I can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, Moho81 said:

I assume 4H never comes up for that second round of tags?

If it does I’ll put in for it. I got more tags for my area than I can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! But you need PP's to draw a 4H tag. It seems like I draw one every other year. I have someone who will likely only hunt opening day, and or, Thanksgiving. I was promised his tag after that.

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thank you! But you need PP's to draw a 4H tag. It seems like I draw one every other year. I have someone who will likely only hunt opening day, and or, Thanksgiving. I was promised his tag after that.

I'm not really a Bow Hunter but my property is in 4H and since I bought a Crossbow I can take an Deer either sex , and that is why I have a Crossbow !  I hardly ever get a DMP for 4H , like you said Grampy it seems like every other year , maybe !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...