Test Message Coming On Your Phone Thursday

Rattler

Just an FYI for everyone about this Thursday's test on all phones in the US.

There will be a message to all U.S. cellphones on Thursday to test a previously unused alert system that aims to warn the public about national emergencies.

The messages will bear the headline "Presidential Alert", the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) said in a statement this week. Phones will make a loud tone and have a special vibration, said FEMA, which will send the alert.

The test message, scheduled for 2:18 p.m. EDT on Thursday, will read: "THIS IS A TEST of the National Wireless Emergency Alert System. No action is needed."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-administration-send-u-cellphones-test-alert-thursday-184608708.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I actually think that’s a good idea . Good thing it’s not going to be like 8am Oct 1st !!!

My Dept. had a call back system, in case of the need to recall off duty FF. It was simply 911 or any remaining staffed firehouse calling the off groups to come in . It may have been fine when everyone had home phones and folks always answered them .

With cell phones I could never reach a guy after 10 or 11,to come in if one guy got sick or injured ,the phones were on silent or charging downstairs . A way to override the silent and a special ring would be nice .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

:help:.    I'm guessing this is actually another way for Trump to send out tweets he thinks are important!  

No it's not.  This is a FEMA controlled system that can only be implemented with the President's approval.  It will only be used with very high priority.

I just hope it doesn't screw up and send out a message that we are under a missile attack in error, like happened with the state run system in Hawaii a little while ago.  That set off a big panic for about an hour.  LOL!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rattler said:

No it's not.  This is a FEMA controlled system that can only be implemented with the President's approval.  It will only be used with very high priority.

I just hope it doesn't screw up and send out a message that we are under a missile attack in error, like happened with the state run system in Hawaii a little while ago.  That set off a big panic for about an hour.  LOL!

Yeah I got it.   Was joking.  If you haven't heard Trump likes to tweet.  Lol

And exactly used with only presidents approval...... Am guessing there already pre loaded phrases like " witch hunt"  " the best ever, you've never seen anything like it" etc.....lol

I actually think it is a fine idea. Can't ever be too prepared.  

• Haha 1

That reminds me of the stories my father used to tell about the panic in NJ when Orson Welles did "War of the Worlds" on the radio back in 1938 and said aliens landed in Grover's Mill, NJ.  People were committing suicide to avoid be taken alive.

The government mandated identifying remarks to alert people it was only fiction after that.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Jdubs said:

I just got the jingle in my pants a few minutes ago.  

Served that up for a snarky remark . I must be out of sorts as I'm not coming up with anything ....

But after the text and tv alert I walked outside . the world still exists, saw a coopers hawk, no zombies in work parking lot. Appears to be status quo

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

Presidential alert. The only alert I need from that Imbecile is he resigned

People who hate Trump, in spite of all the positive things he's accomplished since being sworn in, are suffering from a psychosis and need professional help.

Before anyone starts asking, "What things?", Google "Trumps accomplishments" first and educate yourself.  That saves me a lot of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

People who hate Trump, in spite of all the positive things he's accomplished since being sworn in, are suffering from a psychosis and need professional help.

Before anyone starts asking, "What things?", Google "Trumps accomplishments" first and educate yourself.  That saves me a lot of time.

Is he still working for free?

Nevermind, looks like he is donating his paycheck . I'm sure that fainting sea hag would have donated her paycheck too.

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1