Off Topic - Other hobbies besides hunting? I build, fly and race drones.

burmjohn

33 minutes ago, G-Man said:

flintknapping, old truck restoration, gardening, paleontology. i tend to keep fairly busy..

Old truck restoration, a topic near and dear to my heart.  Check out my latest purchase .... a 1979 F-150 Ranger, 72k original miles, NC truck, everything, literally everything, original and still working perfectly.  One owner.  The original wheels and hubcaps, and even LUG NUTS, were in the tool box.  NO RUST.  None.  302 purrs like a kitten.  My son and I took 3 days to drive it up thru the Appalachians, on backroads, up to NY.  His comment, "Wow, this place is just beautiful."  Yes.  It is.  Nothing like the NC mountains and a good ole Ford truck! 

20180401_133245.jpg

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, jmark said:

Old truck restoration, a topic near and dear to my heart.  Check out my latest purchase .... a 1979 F-150 Ranger, 72k original miles, NC truck, everything, literally everything, original and still working perfectly.  One owner.  The original wheels and hubcaps, and even LUG NUTS, were in the tool box.  NO RUST.  None.  302 purrs like a kitten.  My son and I took 3 days to drive it up thru the Appalachians, on backroads, up to NY.  His comment, "Wow, this place is just beautiful."  Yes.  It is.  Nothing like the NC mountains and a good ole Ford truck! 

What do you mean OLD, you young Whippersnapper  ??

I had a 79 Ford plus THREE trucks prior (  a 57, a 65 and a 73) and they were all relatively CURRENT at the time I owned them.!!!

Hehehe...Nice truck, young feller.....<<SMILE>>….

18 minutes ago, jmark said:

20180401_133245.jpg

FB_IMG_1537144013445.thumb.jpg.b408533923f8ee6cc1ca212613110f71.jpgFB_IMG_1537144038638.jpg.dbffb0b0130e03b066af913190c10f60.jpg

my before and after pic 1955 willys currently starting a 71 cj5. gonna modify it to be a m38-a1

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

What do you mean OLD, you young Whippersnapper  ??

I had a 79 Ford plus THREE trucks prior (  a 57, a 65 and a 73) and they were all relatively CURRENT at the time I owned them.!!!

Hehehe...Nice truck, young feller.....<<SMILE>>….

LOL, yeah, I hear ya.  I had a 1956 F-100 long ago (in the early 70's), a 1966 Chevy C-10 (in the late 70's) and a 1972 F-100 (late 70's).  I do get it, a 1979 F-150 ain't "old" by some standards.  Still, at this point , it's 40 years.  And ... the windows roll up with a hand crank.  Damnit.  No "electronic" BS to break.  And my 14 yo son (who I really bought it for, it will be his high school vehicle) thinks it's the coolest thing that ever rolled.  :)

Anyway, yeah.  I bet I'm as old as you are, old man.  

• Like 1

I spend from April to October going to as many dirt track races as I can on the weekends. During the week I enjoy fishing the southern tier rivers for walleyes after work off and on all spring and summer. I will say that with the heat this summer, I did a lot less fishing.

Once the lakes ice up, I am ice fishing a lot, mostly for perch, crappie and bluegills. It is probably my favorite hobby now because I can get more interested in trying it out. And, I love getting kids out there running tip ups when the pike or pickeral are hitting minnows good. Nothing gets kids interested quicker than success and bigger fish.

2 hours ago, Bionic said:

I like vehicle lights, replacing with LEDs, retrofitting vehicles with HID headlights parts, kayaking,  ATVing, just altering vehicles of any sort, wildlife watching.  Going for drives in my truck... my pride,  and joy.....have to post a pic.  Newer but it is everything to me, dad, and I did the work.

20180729_160535.jpg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 4

I have begun getting into flyfishing... not a lot of time to do this over the summer... also, I enjoy radio control planes, preferably electric.  I only have two that are flight worthy as I retired my foam trainer (its crashes so many times its not worth repairing anymore) But it has a LOT of flight time on it.  My two new ones are a 52 inch? powered glider.. this is also a foamy and a 72 " cessna 182, ply and fiberglass ARF .  Both have not been maidened as of yet, I got the batteries beginning of the summer but cant find the time to go out there and crash em!

• Like 1

Started this hobby almost 4 years ago.  My grand daughter Cadence.  One of her favorite sayings is "Catskill Mountains".  She lives with my daughter 4 hours away in God forsaken NJ.  I'm expecting an expansion on this hobby in November too.  A male addition I'm told.

CED216.jpg

• Like 14