Off Topic - Other hobbies besides hunting? I build, fly and race drones.

burmjohn

My wife and ride our motorcycles when the weather is nice. I love doing wood projects in my shop when it's not really hot and humid! But my real passion is playing hockey, I'm 65 and still play at least once a week in the summer and the winter league started last night, so I'll be playing 2x a week all winter. The wife and I also ski all winter.

That's why I hunt when I can!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I have begun getting into flyfishing... not a lot of time to do this over the summer... also, I enjoy radio control planes, preferably electric.  I only have two that are flight worthy as I retired my foam trainer (its crashes so many times its not worth repairing anymore) But it has a LOT of flight time on it.  My two new ones are a 52 inch? powered glider.. this is also a foamy and a 72 " cessna 182, ply and fiberglass ARF .  Both have not been maidened as of yet, I got the batteries beginning of the summer but cant find the time to go out there and crash em!

there is a rc aero club in cuba ive seen some huge rc planes flying there . always amaze me.. id love to try it but i look at what they cost and i know id crash..

• Like 1

there is a rc aero club in cuba ive seen some huge rc planes flying there . always amaze me.. id love to try it but i look at what they cost and i know id crash..

Ill admit, I am afraid to fly the cessna because it is such a good looking model, but they say, If your not crashing, your not flying!!  I will most likely join a club next spring.  I will look into the Cuba club

2 hours ago, Elmo said:

Free time?  What's that?  Bought the Mavic 2 Pro right when it was announced over a month ago.  It's still in the box waiting for a free day when I can fly it.

The mavic is nice for video, its great up in the woods, no interference other then the mountains and tree's. 

12 hours ago, burmjohn said:

The mavic is nice for video, its great up in the woods, no interference other then the mountains and tree's. 

It replaces my Mavic Pro which I crashed in Spain.  Could have used your flying skills.  Tried to fly it through a bridge and ravine, turned around in the shadows and didn't realize how close I was, backed it into the side of the cliff.  The 2 Pro has rear sensors.  Could have totally used that in Spain.  It's like DJI heard what happened to me and said "okay, engineers...we know what we need to do."

• Like 1

Working on my house or the wifes honey-do list count? It has been going on 2 years and i have yet to put siding up.

Made some doors over the summer 10 total in a couple weeks. Planning on milling some pine boards with my newly acquired chainsaw mill. We'll see how that goes. d89466bc4f21434f45fbb321151026bc.jpgc661e851b3f833c69d532016c54e9321.jpgc0f120281a04aa7fb5cadc5e286ba710.jpgb5e40a3fee0493e403efa13e037a7b86.jpgd11f8526e075b558200faed25c2781ce.jpgca10aa60ecc89727b4111be9f1f4e47f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 10

Chas0218, I love that shop.  Beautiful doors.  Nice deer mounts on the wall too.

Thanks, wish the barn was mine it's my father in laws along with the mounts. Only things that are mine are some tools that i leave there for community use. Next year I'll be building my workshop/garage so it isnt too far off. Lots of planning on my part right now. We own a cottage next door to his so get use of the barn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Flyfishing was my spring and early summer passion. That transferred into hunting season prep and the season itself. Once the guns were put away, it was on to the ice until March.

Now, softball with my girls covers early spring through September. I still have my hunting season for the most part, and now that the kids are getting older, they come ice fishing with me.  

• Like 1