Show us your rig!

Robhuntandfish

Show us your bow setup.  Always interesting to see what kind of rests people use, types of bows, setup ideas.  I am betting most people shoot with a biscuit..., Saw a pic Moog posted of his trad bow and it's a piece of artwork. 

Mine is cert not artwork but I do like it and it's a proven killer.  Bear attitude, set at 64lbs, 29" draw, biscuit, 3 pin sight, not many frills but it works.  

rps20180916_115649.jpg

rps20180916_115713.jpg

• Like 2

It was going to be the Z28 (green and black one) but now it's the Pure . I wanted to post the Z28 to give props to the Real TC for helping my dad out big time. My dad's hunter broke and our only option was to set up the Z28 for him . He just happened to be in town and tacks met him at 9 AM and had it ready and dropped off at the academy before he made the 1 hour drive back to camp. Thanks again tacks.

20180821_162323.jpg

20180916_181239.jpg

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, grampy said:

18 year old Mathews MQ-32  WB rest. HHA sight. Still shoots great, and has killed a pile of deer. It will be the last bow I carry in the woods.20180916_172905.thumb.jpg.37aae7d2dbe2b3d8adbf2c3d3dc61181.jpg20180916_172916.thumb.jpg.95fc043bb43ef805eca6d83634a2389f.jpg

Over 18 years how many times did u have to change strings.  That's pretty awesome to have one with that length of time in use. I honestly didn't know Matthews has been around that long.  Seems they only got real popular or notoriety in last few years.  

Neat to see they always had the wooden grips.  Very cool.  And obviously very dependable.  

15 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Over 18 years how many times did u have to change strings.  That's pretty awesome to have one with that length of time in use. I honestly didn't know Matthews has been around that long.  Seems they only got real popular or notoriety in last few years.  

Neat to see they always had the wooden grips.  Very cool.  And obviously very dependable.  

I've changed string and cable five or six times.  This was top of the line bow when new. And there has been more than once, that I almost bought a new bow. But nothing else, feels like an extension of my arm like this does after so many years. Basically just point and shoot for me now. Still put a pass through on the buck I killed last year. With my bad shoulders, I think every year will be my last with the bow. Me and this old Mathews will retire together.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, grampy said:

Every time I look at this bow, I say what a beautiful work of art! And in your hands, it shoots as good as it looks! Deer should fear this combination! Best of luck this season Brian!

Thanks.  Will do my best Dave.   Looking forward to see you knock yet another one down!

On 9/16/2018 at 6:22 PM, Jeremy K said:

It was going to be the Z28 (green and black one) but now it's the Pure . I wanted to post the Z28 to give props to the Real TC for helping my dad out big time. My dad's hunter broke and our only option was to set up the Z28 for him . He just happened to be in town and tacks met him at 9 AM and had it ready and dropped off at the academy before he made the 1 hour drive back to camp. Thanks again tacks.

20180821_162323.jpg

20180916_181239.jpg

Happy to help! Had I known you were buying me beer I'd have done it even faster!

• Haha 1