Show us your rig!

Robhuntandfish

Finally got to sight her in this afternoon after installing my new 12 dollar whisker biscuit. So far, at 25 yards in high wind, it seems to be holding up. I may order another!  I did adjust for elevation after these photos were taken. Pretty centered now.

This is my old, 3rd hand Darton . Given to me by a cousin about 8 years ago. I have been using it for 6 seasons now. I believe she is about 15 years old. I think it is a Darton Marauder or Maverick . Not even sure of that much. But she is fast and quiet and still dropping deer. Can't complain:

20180924_175632.jpg

20180924_175404.jpg

20180924_175434.jpg

20180924_175642.jpg

Edited by Papist
  • Like 4

I figured would have a lot of biscuit rest shooters.  Just seems to be the thing for hunting and dont have to worry about arrow falling off a rest.  Dont see many tube peeps here anymore.  In a way i like them better.  I always seemed to have a good sight window and no string in the way.  But sure get sick of them breaking so have a 3 string peep now.  Have a string in the way but never really have to worry about it moving or no tube issue.  Seems like there is no 1 brand of bow either, we all have something different.  Was interesting for sure.  Quite a few people have had their bows for a long time, and a few have bought from other members of this site which is great.  Like TF said - a few it seems the cables and cams fell off theirs - lol - I admire those guys that shoot traditional surely takes some skill and practice.  

But they all look like killers to me- lets put them to use! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 5:48 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

I figured would have a lot of biscuit rest shooters.  Just seems to be the thing for hunting and dont have to worry about arrow falling off a rest.  Dont see many tube peeps here anymore.  In a way i like them better.  I always seemed to have a good sight window and no string in the way.  But sure get sick of them breaking so have a 3 string peep now.  Have a string in the way but never really have to worry about it moving or no tube issue.  Seems like there is no 1 brand of bow either, we all have something different.  Was interesting for sure.  Quite a few people have had their bows for a long time, and a few have bought from other members of this site which is great.  Like TF said - a few it seems the cables and cams fell off theirs - lol - I admire those guys that shoot traditional surely takes some skill and practice.  

But they all look like killers to me- lets put them to use! 

My bow came with a three string but I didn't care for it because unless I could get an oval shaped housing, it's impossible to center in housing properly. I like a peep tube. Perhaps one day it will break on me on a deer but I get hundreds of arrows between shots.

Also use a biscuit. Frankly most people are far too short on practice to ever notice any slight advantage of a fall away over a biscuit anyway, IMO.

• 3 months later...

Killer Instinct Furious Z355 (well, it was hanging there, so...)

Elite Aigil with Trophy Ridge 5 point and dropaway rest

Hoyt PowerMax with Fuse 5 point and dropaway

Just getting back to archery after a long hiatus.  Want to get a recurve next.  Some of the bows picture here are gorgeous. 

enhance

Here's one of mine

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element, WB, Truglo 5pin, Gold Tip Hunter XT 340's. This pic was from a couple years ago. Only changes I've made were new strings (60x), new single pin sight (MBG Verdict), and an adjustable WB rest.

I've also got a 2013 Hoyt Carbon Element which has the AirShox, in RealTree max. I bought this one to have a camo bow and to be able to try out the airshox version of my 2012. I didn't notice any significant difference in vibration or sound so I'm gonna sell this one and just hunt with my black 2012 from here out.

Prior to this 13 element, I had an Elite Synergy and I'm really tempted to get another one as it just shot and held so well (aside from the bare weight of the bow). I'm also tempted to shoot a PSE Xpedite as I really like the specs on those... but I need another bow like I need another belly button...

2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT.jpg