Got your opening day spot picked out yet?

Robhuntandfish

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Yes is the correct answer

Then I’m missing that question , couple hours at one end will do for me .

Ill go the first day because, we’ve waited all year for it , but for me Oct 28th and on is when I spend the most time on stand .

I’ll sit on the edge of my food plot just behind the house. It’s where most my deer head towards anyways. And it’s a easy short walk. Also easy to slip up into the tree without spooking anything. I will hunt this spot for most of October to avoid putting much pressure on the woods. Come November I’ll jump around a bit but the food plot always produces good numbers of deer morning and evening.

• Like 1

Afternoon sit weather dependent.   Not 100 percent sure where.  Have a couple of high likelihood doe spots now but I am thinking I might defer on shooting any does on opener.   To much work butchering on a Monday night.   Might try a stand I never sit just out of curiousity.   

• Like 3

Just dropped my opening day hang-on stand from 22ft to 7ft at the standing platform. It sits on the hillside/bowl right above the skinniest portion of my swamp. I realized that I only had a shot if a deer snuck through the swamp within 5 yards of the edge. Otherwise the canopy restricted any possible shot further into the swamp. Now at 7 yards, I can almost shoot to the other side of the swamps pinch point. Line of sight is there, but it’s about 60 yards to the other edge (not trying to injure a deer, but may come in hand during rifle). Height from stand down to swamp level is probably still 20ft. But man.... sitting at 7ft from the soil beneath you is a different feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2