Asking for trouble

Water Rat

So much wrong with this.

Just because someone feels doing something is ethical "to them", that doesn't always make it legal.  Doing something illegal is never totally ethical. But where do you draw the line? Is there a line?

I don't claim to be "perfect" either.  If people are honest, most would admit that. I may have continued driving and just shook my head. I may have gone back to shoot, shovel, and shut up?

Guess I'll sit back and see how this develops..........:popcorn3:

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

I also hate to see animals suffer, but not so much to do something as dumb as this guy did.  Posting it on-line was dumber yet.   What may have occurred here is that the trapper checked his traps in the morning, as most do, but the coyote came by later and got caught after he left.   Most fur-bearers are nocturnal, so a morning check usually keeps others from observing the trapped animals.   Making a set in plain site of a main highway is probably not such a bright idea however.   I don't think coyote hides, especially during the summer like this, are worth more than a couple of bucks anyhow, so the arrow damage is no big deal.          

7 minutes ago, Bill Schmidt said:

TurkeyFeathers, I am saying that the Landowner should have reflected beforehand about putting a Trap in a Field with a Public Road close by.   Plenty of Joggers and Bikers are out at the crack of Dawn. All with Smartphones and ready to take pictures.    He either did not Reflect beforehand or just could care less .Probably both. You want to to Trap-- fine- do it out of sight.   I remember wayyy back around 1975- My Father and I and a good 7 other guys were ready to Pheasant hunt and a Guy walked out of the field. When Question Ed, it was found out that he was not a member and Several Traps were put out by him.  I remember a man in his 30s- mouth open and Sweat pouring off his Forehead.  Some of these pheasant hunters had Small Brits there in the parking area. 

So then you should be making sure that none of your turkey or bird hunting is done in an area where anyone could possibly see it happening as well. Right?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bill Schmidt said:

Call Landowner or find him to put coyote down quick.  I hate Traps!

trapping made me a 1000% better hunter, scent control,reading sign, proper setups. and honestly the cash i made paid for 90 % of my hunting back then. not to mention it kept coons skunks ,fox ,yotes in check and allowed the expansion of the wild turkey into many areas its a travisty people dont want real fur anymore.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Dumb to post.

Personally don't feel the action was a big deal. Coyote is now dead either way which I believe was the goal. I really could care less how the coyote died, nasty creatures 

Crossing state lines where I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a license on one of them/ Posted property/illegal to kill someone elses trapped animal/out of season amongst others I'm sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Schmidt said:

I will say that if you are going to Trap-- why put a Trap in a open field with a Public Road very close. Everybody is going to stop  from Soccer Mom's to the Local News Channel ! 

The guy is basically a criminal and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't as visible as he made out. We won't know for sure but I do think if I were trapping I would be a bit more discrete.  It does amaze me at how many people go about their business going down a road and have no clue what is happening feet off the road to say anything about off in a field. I cringe when I see folks at highway speeds and a deer on the shoulder and they don't even see it, not even a touch of a brake pedal. 

Not his land so he should have minded his own business.
Whine about discretion all you want, but if you aren't paying the taxes then you can kick rocks.
Have we really become so soft? Well here's one for ya. You can still take your family dog out back, kill it, and serve it to your family for dinner in 43 states

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1