Asking for trouble

Water Rat

There is an upside to this, an alleged dead coyote.
And the trapper probably didn't find it until the next morning so it most likely has green belly and the hide is useless.

Lets not forget that alot of youth are getting into trapping too, so who knows that might be the first coyote some 12 year old kid ever caught.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had trap & animals stolen. It's very frustrating and troubling since just like with trailcam theft, it's probably another hunter doing the stealing.
If anyone thinks it's easy to make an animal step on a 2" trap pan I invite you to try. I've been predator trapping since age 12 and still love it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Water Rat said:

full-17632-395308-screenshot_2017_12_12_15_13_52.png.5d43a8788c8943f74f321f638339982b.png

That was a dick move. If it really happened ( trolls etc ). But to answer his question, he was wrong! He had no right to trespass and kill animal. Two different states? WTF.

As for being seen from a road. FFS! If I was a trapper and owned land, I would be putting my line where ever I want. I have a right to trap, and if you don't like where I put my traps go slide down a razor blaze banister with a mini pool filled with salt at the bottom!

That land owner might be might pissed off for the loss of that pelt.

OK, rant over.

10 hours ago, PREDATE said:

And the trapper probably didn't find it until the next morning so it most likely has green belly and the hide is useless.

Lets not forget that alot of youth are getting into trapping too, so who knows that might be the first coyote some 12 year old kid ever caught.

This is probably all bullshit, it's someone looking for attention 

Edited by helmut in the bush

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is trapping open? Or is this a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In PA- so maybe he was referencing a story about last year????

Hunting----COYOTES: No closed season. No limit. Outside of any big game season (deer, bear, elk and turkey), coyotes may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker license, and without wearing orange. During any big game season, coyotes may be taken while lawfully hunting big game or with a furtaker license.

Trapping----

COYOTES, FOXES, OPOSSUMS, RACCOONS, STRIPED SKUNKS and WEASELS: Oct. 21–Feb. 17. No limit.

COYOTES and FOXES (Statewide) cable restraints: Dec. 26-Feb. 17. No limit. Participants must pass cable restraint certification course.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

So poaching and trespassing aren’t big deals? Gotcha. 

Wouldn't be poaching. Regulations above state no closed season. Trespassing yes. Again for the reason he stated it doesn't bother me. The reason people do things decide right or wrong in my opinion. The law may say it's ok to lay a trap in an open field next to a highway but is it ethical? How is that scene good for promoting trapping?

If you do not want people to mess with your stuff should not leave it in the open for others to see. Why make it easier for people to screw you over.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

If you do not want people to mess with your stuff should not leave it in the open for others to see. Why make it easier for people to screw you over.

So anything left in plain sight represents an open invitation for trespassers and criminals?  Wow, ok.  Why even bother asking for hunting permission then?  Do we just help ourselves to any and all property left unattended, like 'finders keepers'?  

ETA: At no point in lutzweiser's post does he indicate that he even possesses a PA hunting license so you cannot dismiss the poaching.

Edited by Jdubs
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

Wouldn't be poaching.

If your definition of poaching is the breaking of a game law it actually would have been poaching. 

First he did it on posted land with out permission. 

Second PA has Wanton Waste laws

Sec. 2305. Retrieval and disposition of killed or wounded game or wildlife.
(a) General rule.--It is unlawful for any person who kills or wounds any game or wildlife while engaged in any activities permitted by this title to refuse or neglect to make a reasonable effort to retrieve, retain or lawfully dispose of such game or wildlife.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jdubs said:

So anything left in plain sight represents an open invitation for trespassers and criminals?  Wow, ok.  Why even bother asking for hunting permission then?  Do we just help ourselves to any and all property left unattended, like 'finders keepers'?  

ETA: At no point in lutzweiser's post does he indicate that he even possesses a PA hunting license so you cannot dismiss 

Yes, anything left in plain sight is an open invitation to criminals, that is why they are criminals. Why make it easy?

And he never said he did not have a PA hunting license, mute point cause of trespassing.

I agree what he did was not right, but it could have been prevented had the trapper not put the trap out in the open for all to see.  

But again not a big deal to me what the guy who killed the coyote did.

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

If your definition of poaching is the breaking of a game law it actually would have been poaching. 

First he did it on posted land with out permission. 

Second PA has Wanton Waste laws

Sec. 2305. Retrieval and disposition of killed or wounded game or wildlife.
(a) General rule.--It is unlawful for any person who kills or wounds any game or wildlife while engaged in any activities permitted by this title to refuse or neglect to make a reasonable effort to retrieve, retain or lawfully dispose of such game or wildlife.

You would be correct but doesn't bother me because of why he said he did it.

Oh and it was a coyote. 

I guess I should start off apologizing for any confusion as to when this incident happened. This was from 2017. Most of the forum discussion on this subject in Archery Talk has been deleted. However , I did manage somehow to find out a little of what eventually transpired. It seems that the officials in Pennsylvania started an investigation and the person was arrested. He even claimed on line that one of the female officers offered to pay his fines. He eventually plead guilty to 3 citations and was fined $569.00full-17632-396988-screenshot_2017_12_19_18_43_00_1.png.f2d93d81939346f050637ed1c0d24009.pngfull-17632-396989-screenshot_2017_12_19_18_43_08_1.png.e07ff111dbf1c6ce6daabcdf0d86cab1.png

• Like 1

I guess he lost his girlfriend too.

Harley D. Shaw, Dyke Road, Middleton Township, reported at 12:24 a.m. Monday her boyfriend, Chad Lutz, backed into her vehicle, damaging the bumper and then took off down the driveway. A criminal damaging warrant was issued for Chad P. Lutz.