Live Every Day Like it's Your Last

fasteddie

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Glad to hear you are on the mend Eddie. I was Getting worried because you hadn’t been on in a while and I know you had some other health issues a while back. 

I e been dealing with something similar all year with my dad. In February he had a massive stroke and we didn’t find him for 5 days. Not hearing from him for a few days was pretty normal at that time. When we found him, he was barely hanging on. He was in the hospital and a rehab facility for a couple of months. He now lives with my sister, just down the road. Since he got out it’s been a steady series of hospital stays, he can’t do much for himself, and he’s very unhappy. He’s at Thompson right now in fact, was pretty close to dying last night. He has COPD, congestive heart failure, and now pneumonia, and he can’t sleep because he just stops breathing. We all said goodbye to him last night, he was that close. He’s far from out of the woods still. I’m heading back to the hospital shortly. 

Ive never seen my dad scared like he has been. His attitude has changed a lot since February. Near death experiences really do make people look at things differently. 

Again, I’m glad to hear you are still with us. Keep in touch my friend. 

Sorry to hear it John.  Prayers for your father, you and the family too.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you're recovering. Understand you're not out of the woods yet Eddie, and I wish and pray for a speedy recovery for you and your family. While it's very insignificant, I also hope you recover quick enough to get in some good woods therapy this fall. I'm sure your loved ones are already nervous about you being alone in the woods, but that's what cell phones and gps is for. Invest in those to help keep their mind at ease. 

• Like 1

Get well soon FastEddie.  So true to live and enjoy everyday you never know what may happen.  Also to not neglect any signs of health issues we as guys tend to ignore.  The famous "I will be ok." does not hold water after you hit 45-50 and beyond.  Some of us get taken even earlier so take care of that body, its the only one you get!

Having had few close calls myself, I know what you are going through.   It is much harder to not to take life for granted, or to realize who runs the show, until you go through some stuff like that.   There is a lot of truth to the saying: "if it don't kill you, it will make you stronger".   Without those times of extreme physical trauma, a couple of which the doctors expressed great disbelief that I survived,  I would not be nearly as close to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as I am today.  In the end, that, and loving your neighbors, is all that matters.   I would not trade those tough times for anything.  I am glad to hear that you are on the mend and you are definitely in my prayers.    

Edited by wolc123

My main point wasn't clear . This could happen to anyone at any time . Other than being old and overweight , I have always been able to hike back into the woods with my hunting equipment with no problem . This bleeding internally came out of the blue . In my semi consciousness I started thinking of all the things I had put off for another day and would never have gotten done . There is so much catching up to do when I get well . No more procrastinating ! Don't ever think that you are indestructible !

• Like 12

Very glad you are recovering now and that this event didn't have a worse outcome.  Your message is spot on, something driven home to me early this year by my Dad's surgery: TOMORROW ISN'T PROMISED TO ANY OF US.  

Amen to living well today and spreading the love around you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Back to the hospital yesterday. Heart rate at 125 plus. Katscan . Ultrasound . Echocardogram .etc. blood clot in lung and right leg. WTF else can go wrong ?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No doubt the doc's are mapping out a plan of action for you.

My thoughts and prayers continue, for a full and complete recovery my friend.

Hoping for the best for you Eddie. Thank for the knowledge that you have given us . I think about that stuff everyday. I call my mom everyday because one day she may not be there. I love all your post I think of all of you as family .I am happy to see all of everyone's posts. I learn everyday about something on these forum . Thank you all

• Like 3

Thank you for the kind words Cynthia. They mean a lot to all of us. I work hard to stay in touch with my family. Sometimes they're not happy about it and feel like i'm prying. But the older and crustier I get, the more it hits home. Thank you..

Every day could be your last. Make your last breath be meaningful.

• Like 1