Live Every Day Like it's Your Last

fasteddie

Since hunting is out of the picture for a while , I will add to this this saga . This past Wednesday my heart rate was running between 130 -140 BPMs . I was taken to Highland Emergency . They did a CT Scan and an ultrasound and found a small blood clot on my right lung and another in my right leg . They put me on several meds to stabilize my heartbeat . Got turned loose this afternoon to go go home . The Buffalo Bills rewarded me with a win over the Vikings . They changed a lot of meds and I have a list of crap to take . 

I won't be bow hunting but I am tempted to sit in my friend's woods opening day just to be out there . :drinks:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Since hunting is out of the picture for a while , I will add to this this saga . This past Wednesday my heart rate was running between 130 -140 BPMs . I was taken to Highland Emergency . They did a CT Scan and an ultrasound and found a small blood clot on my right lung and another in my right leg . They put me on several meds to stabilize my heartbeat . Got turned loose this afternoon to go go home . The Buffalo Bills rewarded me with a win over the Vikings . They changed a lot of meds and I have a list of crap to take . 

I won't be bow hunting but I am tempted to sit in my friend's woods opening day just to be out there . :drinks:

I never know what to say, other than the update is appreciated, and I of course wish you the best.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Glad to hear you got released.  Maybe you could sit in a blind for a while, if your doctors think it would be ok.  Northern zone crossbow opens on October 10 and one of those with a hand-crank might work out well for you.  

14 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Thoughts are with you eddie. I hope this gets straightened out soon. Now I know why the Bills won, you going home gave them good mojo.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

You dodged another bullet, thankfully Eddie. Still got ya in my thoughts and prayers. 

Hopefully you will get out to shoot a bullet, this year!

Hang in there and take care sir.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of all the health problems you’ve had. All I can add is that I hope your able to spend some quiet time in the woods this year. It was very healing for me when I had some health problems just to go and sit in a stand. Sitting and thinking. Sitting and just relaxing. 

Today your words are ringing true for me for sure Eddie. 

Just got word a couple hours ago that a longtime family friend and fishing buddy passed away.  

Looks like the bow opener for me will be as a pallbearer this year.   

Live life as best you can and live it everyday instead of going thru the motions we tend to do when we get busy and overwhelmed by life itself.  

Sure will miss you Mitch!   Here's to all the good times, laughs and days on the water from the " little brother you never wanted". 

• Like 1

Just got word a couple hours ago that a longtime family friend and fishing buddy passed away.  
Live life as best you can and live it everyday instead of going thru the motions we tend to do when we get busy and overwhelmed by life itself.  
Sure will miss you Mitch!   Here's to all the good times, laughs and days on the water from the " little brother you never wanted". 

So sorry Rob. Hope you can find some comfort soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss Rob. My condolences to you and his family and friends.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Something told me to check in to the forums and I came upon this post first. Eddie, glad to hear you are working at getting better and hope your medical team can figure out what is happening. And your message that it can happen to anyone rings true. I lost my Mom last Wednesday after almost 2 months in and out of the hospital. We held her wake today and will bury her tomorrow morning Oct 1st. I always thought my parents would live forever but it can happen anytime to anyone. My thoughts are with you Eddie and hope you make a quick recovery.

Zem

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Something told me to check in to the forums and I came upon this post first. Eddie, glad to hear you are working at getting better and hope your medical team can figure out what is happening. And your message that it can happen to anyone rings true. I lost my Mom last Wednesday after almost 2 months in and out of the hospital. We held her wake today and will bury her tomorrow morning Oct 1st. I always thought my parents would live forever but it can happen anytime to anyone. My thoughts are with you Eddie and hope you make a quick recovery.

Zem

Zem- I can’t imagine the loss you are feeling and the weight it must be. Prayers sent for you and yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zem18 said:

Zem

Very sorry for your loss Zem.  My sincere condolences. Thoughts and prayers to you and you family. 

• Like 1