Letchworth

DaleP

So just printed the archery/ muzzleloading and big game shotgun permits  from the Letchworth web site.  Anybody else besides me notice that their is no mention of “deer only” on either of the permits?   Last year the archery and muzzleloader permits read “big game” but the regular shot gun read “deer only”.  Looks like the black bear are fair game in all hunting seasons at the park this fall......

So just printed the archery/ muzzleloading and big game shotgun permits  from the Letchworth web site.  Anybody else besides me notice that their is no mention of “deer only” on either of the permits?   Last year the archery and muzzleloader permits read “big game” but the regular shot gun read “deer only”.  Looks like the black bear are fair game in all hunting seasons at the park this fall......

Remember you still have to send in for the Shotgun permit. They are not turning anyone away again this year but you still have to apply for that one by mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to one of the Park rangers who stopped by our cabin about bear last year. He said you can shoot a bear as long as it’s by itself. I asked how would they know if it wasn’t. He said they knew all the bears in the park and would just know. I laughed pretty hard

Anyone been through the park....how are the numbers

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Still pretty thick. Have some nice boys on the cam's though. They closed the area between the Hogsback down to Silver Creek and made it Safety zone. Crazy amount of land now closed off. But on a great note it will make our farm an even hotter spot

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Still pretty thick. Have some nice boys on the cam's though. They closed the area between the Hogsback down to Silver Creek and made it Safety zone. Crazy amount of land now closed off. But on a great note it will make our farm an even hotter spot

Both sides of the rd? I had heard that they just put a safety zone roughly 500' around the house and cabins and down to the creek.

Both sides of the rd? I had heard that they just put a safety zone roughly 500' around the house and cabins and down to the creek.

Yeah new map shows it all closed. All the pines on top of Hogsback back to river and all the way to Silver Creek. Why it's not open to bow at least is beyond me but then again it's the park we are talking about here. I came back last week and none of it has been signed Safe Zone so who knows but the map they are handing out shows it all closed. That's a crazy amount of acreage as you know.

• Thanks 1