Lets Age Some 8 Points

The_Real_TCIII

I would guess 2.5 on one of the 2017 bucks the other one looks like a large 1.5.  This years best is difficult to tell from that photo but does have some sway to his back suggesting older than 2.5.  I always play this game on the QDMA magazine and usually but not always fall in line with the "experts".

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Heres a good example of a 47 year old: youve got the gut starting to sway, the knees appear to be giving out, and the "Ah who cares, Im wearing this out in public"" attire. Fists clenched in the "so help me God if these batteries are dead" position

Pickup.JPG

That's one lanky buck - perhaps past his prime

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I agree with all posters above. I thought maybe that one fat boy in the back of the third 2017 pic could possibly be older but likely not

After going back and looking at "the fat boy in the back", he does have the deeper chest of a three year old, compared to the two year old in the forefront of the pic. Regardless, it seems like you have a nice selection of bucks to hunt this year Tacks!!!  

19 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Heres a good example of a 47 year old: youve got the gut starting to sway, the knees appear to be giving out, and the "Ah who cares, Im wearing this out in public"" attire. Fists clenched in the "so help me God if these batteries are dead" position

Pickup.JPG

Now this critter!  He may lean out a bit during the rut!  But definitely a mature specimen.................grin

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I agree with Mr. Wolc on that one - too the decimal.

He will hit 2.5 on Veteran's day, hopefully about 20 yards from my tree-stand.  2.5's are my favorites - just the right combination of "quantity and quality", when it comes to the meat, and perfect for "free" euro mounts versus forking over the cash to a taxidermist for a shoulder mount.