Pizza stone

Bionic

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You answered my question I think. Are you able to throw your dough like they do in pizza places with your Bio arm?

Sounds like you “roll” yours. That’s going to be tough if you are rolling on the peel and then trying to shimmy it off. Your rolling is ultimately pressing it to the board and every time it stretches it’s a bit tacky(more sticking to the board).

When getting pie from peel to stone, ya gotta hit it hard and fast. Shimmy it around a bit before going into the oven. If it is sticking you can always try this trick (when serving your loved ones only!). Pick up the part of the pie that is sticking and blow air under that section...it releases the crust and then you can get it in the oven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are dead on.  Yeah I don't spin the dough in the air, i push, and work the dough with pressure, and some pick up stretches....so yes, I am causing it to stick, makes sense, and it never crossed my mind.  I have seen somewhere, where they blew under the dough, on tv i think, i will try that! Thanks :-)

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Hmmmm....me say “pizza not food???” Maybe it is was Box frozen pizza or pizza from a delivery service or pizza from Mass or anywhere outside of NYC area...I’m a pizza snob for sure

So you are, or are NOT a fan of pizza? 

I like homemade, but there is one place that is coincidentally local(6 miles) that is delicious!

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

f1a1bbe35488f25e52dbe359a12294b3.jpg

Our favorite...from the oven
I pretty much get 4 single serve (yeah that’s considered single serve!) pizzas per dough recipe(4 cups of flour)

Every pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself, crappy. :good:

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

So you are, or are NOT a fan of pizza? 

I like homemade, but there is one place that is coincidentally local(6 miles) that is delicious!

That was ME you were quoting,  Bio...I have said many times, pizza is not real food, it's something you eat when you are hungry and there is no REAL food ( like fried chicken) available....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Haha 1

That was ME you were quoting,  Bio...I have said many times, pizza is not real food, it's something you eat when you are hungry and there is no REAL food ( like fried chicken) available....

I agree with that only when you go to ANY pizza place. However, some pizza must be classified a cuisine as any fine dining experience. If you don’t believe that, you never had real pizza. Similar to those who say Bigfoot doesn’t exist because THEY haven’t seen him(or her!)...Clearly we can all agree he does

• Like 1

I had this discussion with my oldest son the other day...

IMO, pizza, if done correctly, is a thing of beauty, and taste perfection....just a little sauce, generous amount of cheese, and a thin crust that is just slighly chewy at the rim, so hot it almost burns your tongue....I can't think of many other foods that are so good when done correctly. :D

They have a local butchery of pizza that everyone around here raves about, they call it "tomato pie"; it's Sicilian pizza with a LOT of sauce glopped on and sprinkled with parmesan only..served room temperature.:bad: It's OK I guess if you're half drunk and want to put something in your mouth, but I never "got it". My one buddy brought a couple down to Georgia on the last hog trip, the guys & girls down there all raved about it too, but their idea of good pizza is Pizza Hut (no Italians in that neck of the woods, LOL). Go figure....:banghead:

I have an old pizza stone, I rarely use it. There are a couple shops near me that make it just as good or better, and they always have a coupon to use. Good luck on your new purchase!

• Like 2

My favorite on the pizza stone is actually venison sausage bread with shrooms and swiss - mmmm good 
I have even had a desert pizza made on one - was also pretty good. 

If you like a desert pizza, give a breakfast pie a shot - eggs cheddar crumbled bacon and sausage....little Franks never hurt this pie!

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

If you like a desert pizza, give a breakfast pie a shot - eggs cheddar crumbled bacon and sausage....little Franks never hurt this pie!

We are def in agreement there.  Breakfast pizza is my favorite pizza and Franks or green Tabasco is a must.  I have made it a couple of times.  But honestly buy it more often.  Savon in this area makes a great one.  

ok,this is an invite to all. I build a masonry heater in my house this year,still have to finish the chimney,but it has is a wood fired heater and doubles as a bake oven. I will work out the kinks and then blow everyones mind with wood fired pizza.

I am in the Cooperstown area...

Just before gun season maybe?

15374013868631277083574745737640.jpg

• Like 4

So the pizza stone came today....

Scumbags delivered it looking like a pizza! In about 8 pieces.   Unreal, shipped in ONLY the box it would sit in, on a store shelf.  No secondary box to help pad/protect.

Oh well, they are sending us a return ship label.  Never ends.

• Sad 2

ok,this is an invite to all. I build a masonry heater in my house this year,still have to finish the chimney,but it has is a wood fired heater and doubles as a bake oven. I will work out the kinks and then blow everyones mind with wood fired pizza.
I am in the Cooperstown area...
Just before gun season maybe?
15374013868631277083574745737640.thumb.jpg.54703c8561b5d21f88429dc33f54e21d.jpg

Come on man...I was there last August for a tourney-could have used an invite then!!!

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

Come on man...I was there last August for a tourney-could have used an invite then!!!

But it wasn't ready then...still needs the chimney finished. Too bad i actually have to work for other people,i could get a lot more done around my place if i stayed home. 

15 hours ago, Bionic said:

So the pizza stone came today....

Scumbags delivered it looking like a pizza! In about 8 pieces.   Unreal, shipped in ONLY the box it would sit in, on a store shelf.  No secondary box to help pad/protect.

Oh well, they are sending us a return ship label.  Never ends.

Save yourself some money, try the bricks, use cored face brick, not the solid pavers