Awesome Supreme Court Justice pic

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I get what you are saying IN THIS CASE and yet if what she is reporting is true, she is a victim of a traumatic/life altering experience and no one can know how that has impacted her-abuse of any kind (but especially sexual abuse) bangs you up. And before you suspect it happened to me, it didn’t . but I know some who have and do suffer from those experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a big deal now days ,  back then not even talked about This  crazy  girl  at my high school smacked my ass   one time when I was freshman 15 and she was a senior 17 18 years old if you ask me her name or even what she looked like now  some  30 years later 

I dont have a clue anymore cant remember but I do remember the hallway and high school it happened at .

See where I'm going with this .

She does not remember any of that . 

So why should this poor guy be subjected to this abuse with abusulty no proof .

And why should she get to decide when and how she testifies about it ?

She could be thinking  of someone else for all we know  people look different over time.  

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

This would be a big deal now days ,  back then not even talked about This  crazy  girl  at my high school smacked my ass   one time when I was freshman 15 and she was a senior 17 18 years old if you ask me her name or even what she looked like now  some  30 years later 

I dont have a clue anymore cant remember but I do remember the hallway and high school it happened at .

See where I'm going with this .

She does not remember any of that . 

So why should this poor guy be subjected to this abuse with abusulty no proof .

And why should she get to decide when and how she testifies about it ?

She could be thinking  of someone else for all we know  people look different over time.  

You don’t get it and clearly have not had to listen to loved ones tell their story when they are finally ready. Certain images (even smells, feelings, sounds) are quite vivid and burned into the pysche of victims of traumatic events. Other things can be easy blocked out(what house, when, who else was there)

Obviously yours was not traumatic for YOU and I am happy for you and yet still some details are remembered and forgotten with the passage of time.

15 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You don’t get it and clearly have not had to listen to loved ones tell their story when they are finally ready. Certain images (even smells, feelings, sounds) are quite vivid and burned into the pysche of victims of traumatic events. Other things can be easy blocked out(what house, when, who else was there)

Obviously yours was not traumatic for YOU and I am happy for you and yet still some details are remembered and forgotten with the passage of time.

(No I get it) but not in this lady's case when she has been donating 1000s of dollars to Democrats  and  gets a expsive lawyer that keeps delaying her from testifying. And before reporting said crime to the cops first . 

This hearing is not a different from a criminal investigation or a  criminal court of law .

The only thing that could happen is it's a crime to lie under oath to Congress.

She obviously she if she is bull s ing will want not to testify doing exactly what she is doing . 

If she wants justice she is going about it the wrong way only a prosecutor can convicted this judge of a crime . Not Congresses  job .

Cops arrest people prosecutors brings the case to court for a trial if there is evidence.  Which there is not .

The democrats are making a joke out of are legal  system  with this .

Edited by Storm914

I think it's just as bad when a false claim is reported.  Considering the fact an innocent person may have their entire life destroyed by it, possibly go to prison because of it, and forever live with that stain on their otherwise stellar reputation, I think it is equally bad. 

Lets not forget, a real assault can be prosecuted and the victim can gain some closure by putting the attacker in jail.  But someone falsely accused most often doesn't have that option and the "he said, she said" accusation never goes away, unless the accuser admits they lied.  And even when they admit they lied, most often they do not face prison time for doing it.  I believe that's why so many false claims arise.  There is little consequence for doing it.  It's pure vengeance of the worst type.

Real victims should be the most offended by false accusers, because they are the reason doubt arises in other cases.  But they tend to blame anyone who expresses a desire to assume innocence prior to proven guilty.  Believing one gender over the other in assault cases is pure sexism weaponized against the opposite sex.

This is a big problem today, but the "solution" being demanded is the wrong one, and it won't do anything except create another problem.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Real victims should be the most offended by false accusers, because they are the reason doubt arises in other cases. 

That is a very good point.  I think that the 3000 or so innocent human fetuses, who are currently being aborted every day in the USA, should also be counted as "real victims" of this woman's current media assault and delay of the Senate confirmation of Brett K.           

That is a very good point.  I think that the 3000 or so innocent human fetuses, who are currently being aborted every day in the USA, should also be counted as "real victims" of this woman's current media assault and delay of the Senate confirmation of Brett K.           

Wrong thread-not connected and please do not try to tell me how it is connected in a diatribe that no one can follow.

17 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Judge Judy speaks out on the issue.

http://www.foxnews.com/shows/justice-jeanine.html

That's judge Jeanine, not judge Judy.  I have a hunch judge Judy would have a little different take on things here. LOL  In today's world you could set your watch by what someone's opinion will be since everyone tows their own parties line.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, steve863 said:

That's judge Jeanine, not judge Judy.  I have a hunch judge Judy would have a little different take on things here. LOL  In today's world you could set your watch by what someone's opinion will be since everyone tows their own parties line.  

Got the name wrong when typing it in.  Brain fart.  She's not towing any party line.  She's pointing out Rule of Law and how it's being mangled by this current situation.  But then again, one party respects Rule of Law and one prefers Rule of Men, so maybe you re right.

Edited by Rattler

Remember the Saturday Night Live sketches back during the Clarence Thomas hearings ?   The current Brett K hearings should provide even richer fodder for them.   Too bad they are in the off-season and still playing re-runs.   I can't wait to see the high-school scenes that they will probably come up with.   This woman's accusations are far to ludicrous to be taken seriously and belong on a comedy show.   

Edited by wolc123

7 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Remember the Saturday Night Live sketches back during the Clarence Thomas hearings ?   The current Brett K hearings should provide even richer fodder for them.   Too bad they are in the off-season and still playing re-runs.   I can't wait to see the high-school scenes that they will probably come up with.   This woman's accusations are far to ludicrous to be taken seriously and belong on a comedy show.   

It's like the lawyer for this lady is delaying hoping someone else will be dumb enough to lie for her and risk going to jail for perjury. 

Now a second woman is saying she was assaulted by Kavanaugh at Yale.  I can see the Dem strategy is now aimed at delaying a confirmation vote until after the mid terms, no matter how many liars they need to pay for.  The 2nd woman's claims are even less credible than the 1st.  I would like to see a major investigation of each of these woman done to expose the reason for their claims and the motives they had to make them.  I'm sure it's all about money, book deals and preventing another Conservative Judge from being placed on the Supreme Court.  This crap needs to be exposed, and all involved with it need to be put away for a long time.

Now a second woman is saying she was assaulted by Kavanaugh at Yale.  I can see the Dem strategy is now aimed at delaying a confirmation vote until after the mid terms, no matter how many liars they need to pay for.  The 2nd woman's claims are even less credible than the 1st.  I would like to see a major investigation of each of these woman done to expose the reason for their claims and the motives they had to make them.  I'm sure it's all about money, book deals and preventing another Conservative Judge from being placed on the Supreme Court.  This crap needs to be exposed, and all involved with it need to be put away for a long time.

While I agree, “exposed” may be the wrong word under these circumstances- sorry but ya can’t lose your sense of humor in this

• Like 1

I'm not going to comment on this particular case as I haven't really been following it.  But in general, this can happen.  Especially for women.  As men, it's hard for us to comment.  Our society holds us to a double standard.  If your adult son goes out with a bunch of hot girls, you probably high five him.  If your adult daughter is bring home a new guy every couple of homes, you'll have a different reaction.  Back in the 80's and 90's, a female rape victim would probably be labeled a whore, etc.

Many rape victims are too ashamed to tell anyone that is why they keep it to themselves.  They hide it and try to erase it from their memories.  Avoiding the culprit and going on with the rest of their lives.  What happens then is that 30 years later, they turn on the TV and the culprit is now on the news, and all the anger comes rushing back.  Only this time, now that they themselves are older and more understanding of rape victims, they're brave enough to come forth.

My wife volunteered for DOVE for almost a decade.  Her role was to talk to these victims of rape or domestic violence at the hospital and try to convince them to do the right thing.  The police are not allowed to talk to these girls before she does.  She tells me stories of how these girls look.  Like they've been pummeled by Mike Tyson for 20 minutes straight.  Less than 10% of the girls she talks to eventually decide to report the rape.

The FBI has investigated Kavanaugh six times for various positions in the federal government, including his current position as a life-tenured federal appellate court judge. In none of those six investigations has an allegation about assault turned up. Should they investigate again, what would they learn? They would learn that a Bernie Sanders donor who's sympathetic to left wing politics is now accusing a potential Supreme Court pick of sexual assault but has no witnesses and cannot remember the year or location of the assault. Of those she names as witnesses, they all deny it. This is not her word versus Kavanaugh's. It is her word versus that of everyone she has named as potential witnesses.

• Like 3

Phew...he ain’t going away! I thought for sure the allegations yesterday would be too much for him to handle. Good on him, and his wife and his daughters for sticking tough.

Why is God’s name would any good person come forward and serve this country if they will be put through this type of abuse?
Sad

• Like 1

On 9/20/2018 at 7:09 PM, sits in trees said:

I believe every word of this women's story. She has everything to lose coming foward and absolutely nothing to gain and already has right wingnuts giving her and her family death threats. She has had to move from her home because of this. She's a Doctor who knew this would turn her life upside. Kavanaugh was your typical Rodney Rich kid spoiled brat who thought he could get away with this and now it's come back to bite him in his pampered ass. 

I can assure you she is being well-paid by the "resistance" group of the left that's 'sponsoring' her. That's the reason she's come forward to produce this BS. She's so willing to be a leftist martyr that she's lost her mind. That's sad.

She'll be left hung out to dry or completely thrown under the bus in the coming weeks. There's nothing there, and there never was, but the accusations won't stop because it's the only thing the left has to operate on. On that point I actually feel a little sorry for these "accusers". Dedicated to the cause, but too stupid to realize how they're being used by people who don't give a crap about them.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2018 at 8:13 PM, Storm914 said:

I think you are not understanding what I am saying. 

People report crimes to the cops first  even( years later)  , They report it to the cops they dont hire a lawyer first . Then report it to the cops .

She didn't hire the lawyer. The activist lawyers found her and convinced her to participate. That's why she won't ever be allowed to participate in the hearing on Thursday. She's be guilty of perjury before she ever let her right hand down after the oath, and her handlers know that. You don't have to be a genius to see this stuff for what it is, you just have to pay attention to the reality.

• Like 1

The end result of this, as stated earlier, is that good and decent men will never again participate in any sort of politics. If that happens then the swamp wins. And BIG GOVERNMENT becomes the ruler of the people. It's important to fight back. The Dems are willing to play dirty and they play for keeps. If you're wearing 20 oz gloves in a boxing match they'll have lead weights around their knuckles.

Honorable men who severely disagreed with one another used to have gun duels. The rules were ten timed paces in opposite directions before turning to fire. The Democrats today will take eight paces and turn around to shoot you in the back while you're following the rules. It's unfortunate that most Republicans haven't wised up to this. The Dems want some power back and they don't care one bit about how they get it or who they destroy to get. It's painfully obvious.

• Like 2