Back Up For Sale Remington 722 .257 Roberts

Lawdwaz

Remington 722 .257 Roberts with a Leupold 2x7 varix II (I think but I'll check later, it's back in safe now)

I got the gun second hand many years ago.  The former owner hardly ever used it but it did receive some rust damage to the bottom of the barrel, I hit it with a fine steel wool and then dabbed on some cold bluing years ago and although it isn't pristine in that area, it still looks just fine.  The rest of the gun is in  very nice condition and was very accurate when I shot it over the years.  I never hunted it although my son killed a doe with it in PA on a youth hunt 12 or so years ago.  I have some old reloading dies and possibly some ammo for the deal too.

$700 local, $720 shipped.  If you don't want the scope, deduct $100........(and the scope isn't for sale alone)

U1vY54v.jpg

tDcOf7f.jpg

nmlDHKh.jpg

yqEyXkz.jpg

nLwTBpH.jpg

Nrq7Yik.jpg

The pics above show the gun with a scope that isn't included in the sale.

I found and mounted the rear sight with ramp (is that ramp backwards?) and took off the scope.  The rings and bases go with the gun.......

$550 local for HNY members

(I thought this was sold local but the deal didn't go through)

Edited by Lawdwaz

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:09 PM, Lawdwaz said:

The pics above show the gun with a scope that isn't included in the sale.

I found and mounted the rear sight with ramp (is that ramp backwards?) and took off the scope.  The rings and bases go with the gun.......

$550 local for HNY members

(I thought this was sold local but the deal didn't go through)

I'd say the elevator is on backwards...

5 hours ago, Dom said:

Not too crap on the thread but the rust was caused from salt and oil's from hands/I had this happen to my Rifle also.

Thanks for the try Dom but you're out to lunch on that.

The rust was caused by the previous owners neglect in leaving the gun in a gun rack (with the trigger guard up if you've ever seen a gun hung like that) and some rain water leaked onto it.  I saw the gun rack/roof issue when I got the gun from an old timer in Lyndonville NY on a horse trade......about 25 years ago.

I know all about oil from skin etc but amazingly have never had an issue with any of my guns.  I do keep a couple silicone rags handy and wipe my guns down frequently after fondling.

I'm going to juice this deal up a bit.  For another $50 I'll add approx. 140 pieces of once fire brass, RCBS FL & seater dies (sans the lock rings) and 10 Federal Premium 120gr Nosler Partition factory loaded rounds.

pECDUZV.jpg

0v909uB.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz

• 3 weeks later...