Found my pumpkin design for this year

turkeyfeathers

Thanks a lot, you hit sore spot with me there TF.  My car is on it's third trip back to the dealer for that issue right now.  They have been trying to fix it since mid-August, when the inspection was due.   They say it takes 40-50 miles to "clear the code" before it can be inspected.  It has not made that yet, after replacing the cat, and several other components.  We will see how they do this time.  I hate breaking the (driving an unexpected vehicle) but GM and NY state have forced my hand.     

Oh well, at least this nonsense is not necessary with my 3/4 ton pickup, but I don't like burning all the extra gas and dealing with the stiff ride when hauling nothing but myself.  I would smash that pumpkin if I ever saw it, and I am almost ready to take the drill to that little light on my dashboard.        

4 hours ago, Arcade Hunter said:

If the gas cap is tight and the knock sensor is good, better trade this one in!  lol

Emission leak turned out to be an unplugged connector on the vent valve. Knock sensor was water in fuel. A $3 can of K100 G cured the problem. I pose as a mechanic once in a while, LOL.

My wife says I'm use full to have around, just for these issues, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

4 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Thanks a lot, you hit sore spot with me there TF.  My car is on it's third trip back to the dealer for that issue right now.  They have been trying to fix it since mid-August, when the inspection was due.   They say it takes 40-50 miles to "clear the code" before it can be inspected.  It has not made that yet, after replacing the cat, and several other components.  We will see how they do this time.  I hate breaking the (driving an unexpected vehicle) but GM and NY state have forced my hand.     

Oh well, at least this nonsense is not necessary with my 3/4 ton pickup, but I don't like burning all the extra gas and dealing with the stiff ride when hauling nothing but myself.  I would smash that pumpkin if I ever saw it, and I am almost ready to take the drill to that little light on my dashboard.        

I don't know what the fine is, but I'd bet it's $50 with the state surcharge.

1 minute ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

I don't know what the fine is, but I'd bet it's $50 with the state surcharge.

My buddy, who owns a service station, just informed me that NY state will allow a dealer to affix a 1 year inspection sticker on the vehicle if they are not able to correct  a "check engine" problem.   I will ask for one of those, if the car has to go back a 4th time.   With 4 miles on it since their 3rd repair attempt, the light has not come back on.   I just made my appointment for an inspection, at my buddies shop, next week Tuesday.  I should be able to get over a hundred miles on it by then.          

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Emission leak turned out to be an unplugged connector on the vent valve. Knock sensor was water in fuel. A $3 can of K100 G cured the problem. I pose as a mechanic once in a while, LOL.

My wife says I'm use full to have around, just for these issues, LOL.

I am all out of likes but I like the fact that you did not have a real pita problem!

• Like 1