Who's NOT Ready

Team Hoyt

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I could hunt tomorrow if I had to but really I'm in no hurry, the season is very long and the fun starts around the 25th of October.  If a guy (or gal) has the confidence in their gear and knowledge of their area, those last three weeks should be sufficient.

I have to hunt the opener after that I’ll let the weather dictate my sits 

• Like 2

I went out yesterday evening, but didn't see anything but an overwhelming amount of other archers. I forgot my pull rope and bow hanger, so I decided to hunt from the ground. Didn't end up seeing anything, but neither did anyone else who hunted the area. This was my first public land experience and my first time hunting in NY. I just PCS'd here in May. It was great to get out into the woods again, but with everything going on over the last few months getting settled into our new house and the million different projects that come along with that.....I just wasn't as prepared as I should've been.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dom said:

I am except I will need a new pair of boots later in the season.Just water tested and my old ones leak like crazy thank goodness I have ziplock bags to get started.

I bought some lightweight mucks--trailblazer II. Love them because they are usable in fall and into cold temps as long as I double up socks and put chem warmers in for the toes.

I got out to the 3D range today and was killing it. I'm just confirming accuracy of broadheads now, but then need to get my xbow ready on account of where I'm going next week being xbow season. Also heading out to the land tomorrow (first time since last year) to check on where I'll be next week if i can steal an evening (hopefully monday).

37 minutes ago, Dom said:

I am except I will need a new pair of boots later in the season.Just water tested and my old ones leak like crazy thank goodness I have ziplock bags to get started.

It worked for us when I was a kid wearing snow boots . Those were Strohman bread bags. We couldn’t afford the good zip lock ones 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Core said:

I bought some lightweight mucks--trailblazer II. Love them because they are usable in fall and into cold temps as long as I double up socks and put chem warmers in for the toes.

I got out to the 3D range today and was killing it. I'm just confirming accuracy of broadheads now, but then need to get my xbow ready on account of where I'm going next week being xbow season. Also heading out to the land tomorrow (first time since last year) to check on where I'll be next week if i can steal an evening (hopefully monday).

I had a pair of Hermans that lasted about 10 years they were great.Was looking at the Mucks but still not sure if they will work for myself with having a fused ankle looking at maybe some type with a zipper and still be water proof

• Like 1

I bought the 2000 grain lacrosse and instantly regretted it. My feet sweat and then get cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I'm getting closer! I took off a half day yesterday and put up 2 more stands. I checked my cameras and it looks like I'm going to have to put up another stand in the small woods right behind my brothers house, I have found a run that the deer are using daily coming and going morning and night. I'll post some of the pics in the trail camera blog. 

17 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm getting closer! I took off a half day yesterday and put up 2 more stands. I checked my cameras and it looks like I'm going to have to put up another stand in the small woods right behind my brothers house, I have found a run that the deer are using daily coming and going morning and night. I'll post some of the pics in the trail camera blog. 

Mrs TF making the sausage cheese bisquick breakfast muffins for me. How can I not be properly prepared with those in my backpack ?

• Like 1