Another loss

First-light

I lost my Dad three weeks ago. Now my Mother in law is in hospice. I can understand death especially when my dad lived 86 years and my mother in law 85. It's just a huge toll on my kids. This woman raised them. We both had jobs sometimes opposite hours and she was there to fill in the holes. She was a great Italian Nona that could cook up a storm but as gentle as the breeze when you needed comforting. We will go see her tonight. I will pick up my daughter from college tomorrow and bring her home. After that I hope God calls her home soon.  

• Like 2

I'm very sorry to hear this.Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Big pasta meal for the healing, my friend.

My Italian Grandad has been gone for 45 years, and my half Italian half German Grandma for about 30 years now. I still think about them a lot. They raised me and potty trained me in their outhouse. That was not fun in the middle of the winter in Wayne County. And it's not often that you sit down for breakfast with a plate of hot peppers on the table. I don't ever remember a meal in their house without a plate of hot peppers on the table. Maybe that's why the outhouse sucked so much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1