Getting my buddy set for season

Robhuntandfish

Spent most of the day getting stands setup for my buddy .  He just got permission to hunt across the road from his house .  So it was a last minute setup but got it done. He's got three stands up , two in the woods and one just off this field which looks incredible.  

Figured in cover and wind and entry location etc.  Will see how he does but this spot i took pics I think is gonna be killer.  

But he is set there. Our shared spot is all set, and my spots are good to go.  Bow is dialed in... Can't wait. 

He is buried in the tree on the one pic , standing up in the corner. And that's a 35 yard shot from there to a trail.  

Happy for him he got to hunt this spot.  

And he even rednecked some wheels on the stand to drag it out there. Lol

Was a good day.

IMG_20180923_142850291_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180923_142828493.jpg

IMG_20180923_122047295_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Good stuff. Always a great feeling, and your imagination always goes in all directions in anticipation of whats out there to see.

Love the setup and puzzle as much as the hunt itself.  

I figured out a way for him to get in where he can come from behind stand and not spook anything.  Ranged a bunch of spots, got him thinking of best wind directions.  Always good to have a second set of eyes.  But on the field we both picked out the same tree at the same time. Lol. So that's gotta be the one! 

I won't be hunting this spot , he has permission , but that's ok, sure hope he gets some action. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Love the setup and puzzle as much as the hunt itself.  

I figured out a way for him to get in where he can come from behind stand and not spook anything.  Ranged a bunch of spots, got him thinking of best wind directions.  Always good to have a second set of eyes.  But on the field we both picked out the same tree at the same time. Lol. So that's gotta be the one! 

I won't be hunting this spot , he has permission , but that's ok, sure hope he gets some action. 

Good luck to him, you are a good friend.  Good luck to you as well, you sure put your time in.

• Thanks 1