A thought to start the long week

Robhuntandfish

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

after this week i dont work a full week until December!   have the next 3 mondays off then it gets serious!  with Oct 25, 26, 31, Nov 1, 6,7,8,13,14,15 all off.  and thats not counting weekends and holidays! 

WOW I though I was good with saving 18 or so days for the year, you have me beat by a mile!  Best of luck!  I hope you tag out the first week!  lol 

• Like 1

This isn't shaping up to be my year. Haven't been able to spend any time getting ready. Out of practice, and the tree stands all need attention.

I keep scheduling vacation days, and then keep cancelling them. I've only taken three vac days so far this year. Cancelled a trip I had planned for August.

At this point I have Mon-Wed of Thanksgiving week off, probably won't be able to take much time before that.

I need a change of luck!

• Sad 1

We still have mosquitos that will eat you up alive if you don't out-run them. I still get that trickle of sweat down the middle of my back if I exert myself beyond climbing into a hammock. I suspect it will be a while before it even feels like hunting season. I think I can afford to skip a bit of the early season. I'm retired  and really am free to hunt anytime I feel like it. And right now given the summer weather, I would rather do summer things. That wonderful extra two weeks of bow hunting in early October that everyone is so jealous of and fighting to get into really is not something that I am ecstatic over. It really feels like I should be fishing or doing cook-outs instead of hunting.

I’ll go first morning after that who knows , still haven’t even thought of washing ( or finding my clothes ) gathering gear and so on .

Being retired getting up before 8 scares me , in bed now got up to visit bathroom , back to sleep soon......

• Haha 1