People suck

2012_taco

31 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

That stinks, I hope they somehow catch the scumbags.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Odds are against it sadly . Unless here’s good video or a plate number or other compelling evidence, nobody’s looking for them , and tools were sold already .

My daughters bike ( locked to rail behind her house ) was stolen, you make a report by phone to 311and that’s just for insurance claims because that’s the end of it . Her last name was scribed on the frame ( I do that to everything I buy ) and I spray painted part of the black handlebar white, so,I could spot it after it was stolen .

I put the word out to,the firehouses in the area if they see it to run the rider over ,which was the best shot we had really .

Most likely a twenty-something addict trying to sell a hard working mans tools to get their next opiod fix. Oops sorry...that’s incorrect...they suffer opiod dependency syndrome. Meanwhile those who work to pay taxes for their free ride in life have to buy replacements so they can put food on their own AND dependents tables.  What a wonderful world we inhabit!!!

And to think, we never even needed to lock our doors years ago.  Now I have deadbolts, security cams, and two different firearms for home protection. Built in car alarms, and trackable gps for vehicles. At times I think this word is quickly going to hell in a handbasket. With all the druggies, crazies, perverts, and scumbags out there.

Then..... out of the blue..... someone goes out of their way to do something nice! Totally unexpected! And that gives me hope that my grandkids, will someday enjoy some of the "finer things in life" that I've had.  

I know it's so difficult now days. But I have to keep a ray of hope, for better days to come. If only to just pass along to someone else. To perhaps give them a ray of hope, all their own. To maybe pass along........................

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jdubs said:

Are you at a hotel?  Any chance there is security cam footage?

Yes, the police are going to check the footage today, but I looked and the cameras are not pointed where i was parked. Maybe they will be able to get a plate # of a vehicle cruising the parking lot late that night.

• Like 2

Auto Insurance is covering the glass but contents are covered by home owners policy and I have $1000 deductible. No word from the hotel or police as to the camera footage. FYI we were at a hotel in Towson not actually in Baltimore, it's outside of the city. It's supposed to be a decent neighborhood. 

happens a lot, especially when there is access via public transportation in and out of the city.to decent neighborhoods

there was a reason the galleria mall didnt want a city bus stop on the property. crime has gone 3x higher when they were forced to allow them

• Like 2

When Baltimore had that snow storm a few years ago, our buddy went down and plowed on city contracts ad hoc. Made a pile of cash. Said that's the closest he ever came to dying in his life. Said the inner city areas were unlike anything he had ever seen. Worst of humanity in America.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, G-Man said:

happens a lot, especially when there is access via public transportation in and out of the city.to decent neighborhoods

there was a reason the galleria mall didnt want a city bus stop on the property. crime has gone 3x higher when they were forced to allow them

The town I live in is boardered by Lake Ontario to the North and Irondequoit Bay to the West , the city is West and a bit South . Anytime there’s a robbery here the cops set up on the Bay bridge and Empire bld. ( runs just south of the bay and ends in the city ) , it’s a very successful tactic ! 

One cop I know pointed  to the bridge on a map and said ,” if we blow this up , our problems would end .” 

Fun fact, each Wal Mart adds on average 1,000  calls to 911 .

https://www.insideedition.com/investigative/19667-cops-overwhelmed-by-excessive-calls-to-walmart-there-are-days-i-run-out-of-handcuffs

Edited by Stay at home Nomad