Someone might tag a stag

Zag

23 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

wow that would be awesome eating... imagine how much meat yield there.. couple hundred lbs? .. expensive meat in the store tho!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

cant imagine that if you didnt know a stag or a buffalo was on the loose and it walked out in front of you!  might think you got too close to that mushroom hanging on the tree next to your stand! 

I cut huge tracks walking to my stand a few years ago and thought a moose came down from the ADK's   Sat in stand for hours thinking wouldn't that be cool to see.  I mean smack dab in the middle of 70 acres. I later meandored to the top of the hill, sitting there and I catch movement, it's a cow lol.  Apparently escaped from the adjacent farm but that itself was a long way off.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I cut huge tracks walking to my stand a few years ago and thought a moose came down from the ADK's   Sat in stand for hours thinking wouldn't that be cool to see.  I mean smack dab in the middle of 70 acres. I later meandored to the top of the hill, sitting there and I catch movement, it's a cow lol.  Apparently escaped from the adjacent farm but that itself was a long way off.

Many years ago one made it to Webster . My Dads back senor light went off a couple times one night, the next day he found very large tracks in his garden, later it was spotted bedded down in a field a few houses away . 

Made the news as spotting continued for awhile .

We had a fallow deer a few years ago where we hunt in Cuba,  my buddy had pictures of it in his driveway.

I’ve posted this before but I had one walking all around me on thanksgiving one year, the guy across from our lease in Delevan had lost them a couple years earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

This one hasn't even been reported missing by the owner.  Good luck to him prosecuting a claim if its killed by a hunter.  Heck some hunters might not be aware at least initially that its not a whitetail.  Now if you know the farm where it was raised like TC did, reporting it to the owner and letting it run is the right thing to do.  IMHO.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

This one hasn't even been reported missing by the owner.  Good luck to him prosecuting a claim if its killed by a hunter.  Heck some hunters might not be aware at least initially that its not a whitetail.  Now if you know the farm where it was raised like TC did, reporting it to the owner and letting it run is the right thing to do.  IMHO.

I dont think the guy even wanted them back but I wasnt going to drag it out past his house lol

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 10:08 AM, moog5050 said:

I think it escaped from the movie the deer hunter. 

I always found that scene fascinating. There’s the shot of them driving with Pittsburgh in the back round, next their in the Canadian Rockies, then they shoot an animal not even native to N. America. 

• Like 1