Anyone run cams with sound ?

turkeyfeathers

Heck yes, Brownings take great videos and most have sound as well. Been trying to get the perfect video of birds gobbling and its oh so close, half of birds gobbling, or gobbling just off cam.. but never dead center.. Lots of spittin and drumming and yelping though.. HD Videos are much cooler than standard pics. 

I run Browning's as well, and all are set to take 1 minute of video.  You hear the deer crunching through the leaves as they walk by in the fall, bucks grunting, antlers clanking as they spar. But the best part by far is seeing what's taking place in the woods with a one minute video. Instead of having the cam trip and take a photo of one deer passing by, then pausing for how ever long before the next picture fires off, missing all the action, you see that a bunch of deer just walked through single file.  You see when bucks are chasing hard during the rut and there's just more details on all the wildlife that pass by.

Having a trail cam set to video is far more entertaining and valuable as far as seeing what's happening in the woods. I'm so glad I switched.  The pics are nice and easy to send, don't get me wrong. But watching the videos makes it feel like you were there. Try it on a cam or two. I think you'll like it.

Video capabilities on cameras are increasing pretty fast. Most have sound nowadays.

I most run pics preseason but will move to videos on certain sets such as scrapes that get hit often but bucks don't necessarily park there for hours as compared to a destination food source like a dropping apple tree. Also like certain trails where the cam can adequately fire up and adjust for detail. Close in trails are not good fits for videos. Most trail cams have slightly slower speeds before recording data on video than pics.

Videos eat batteries fast, and take up card space. You should really be using the max card size allowable for that cam as a practice. Some cams though now take 512GB cards. Massive.

Blackflash is important IMO for video. I have and do use red IR but it is risky. I figure why give a buck another reason to not want to come back to that spot. Every deer has its own disposition, but blackflash is safer IMO. Even if night vids are slightly more grainy comparatively.

• Like 1