You guys are a bunch of Jerks ...and thanks!

Robhuntandfish

Ok ok ok......you guilted me into it.  Got a new treestand harness and tree straps.  

I will admit I haven't been using them.  I only hunt ladder stands and have felt pretty secure.  But after this summer cutting myself to get stitches and braking toes for not being careful enough, figured better safety it up this fall.

And with your constant nagging about safety on this site I gave in .  Good God! Lol 

Seriously!  All kidding aside , thanks for the push I am sure I will feel safer in the tree and for the amount I spent it certainly makes sense.   

So bought a new more comfortable tree harness and a bunch of straps to leave in tree for the season to hook to.  

And since none of you are in my will, I guess I should take good advice.  Cause you never know.  Thanks Folks.   Here's to a safe hunting season for us all.

IMG_20180925_112607785.jpg

• Like 12

Rob- I'm sure that your family and loved ones appreciate the the jerks who guilted you into the harness. Don't just take yourself in mind and be sure to wear the harness. Just like the seat belt in every motor vehicle, it does no good if you don't wear it. Whether it's a ladder stand or a hang on it makes no difference if you fall 15 feet to the ground. Have a safe and enjoyable season.                       valoroutdoors.com 

Edited by CharlieNY
Add
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, G-Man said:

almost makes me want to get one.. ...

well i should say wear one i have about 15.. including hss vests.. 

its all the rage G- Man -- join the club.  

I had a bunch that you get free for buying stands and hated them.  This one seems to be a lot better . And for a few dollars and a couple of seconds - i realized i had no argument against it.  

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

its all the rage G- Man -- join the club.  

I had a bunch that you get free for buying stands and hated them.  This one seems to be a lot better . And for a few dollars and a couple of seconds - i realized i had no argument against it.  

i have many many harnesses going back to the waist strap only. i just never don them even bought several hunter safety system vest to use they also gather dust. i make my nephew wear them and most guys in camp do ..i just dont. but i never hunt more than a few hours no chance of falling asleep in a stand either . i hang 30 plus stand a year and check cables and straps.. idk just not for me for some reason

• Sad 1

I always wore safety vests with climbers and portables, but since changing to ladder stands about 5 years ago I stopped. I always felt very secure in them, but not chancing it anymore.  

I know a guy who died last year due to a fall from a ladder stand, an experienced hunter who hung countless stands over the years.  From now on I'm planning on wearing a vest, and strapping in to the tree once I'm up. I'm not using my life line climbing ropes for the ladders, but I have never and would never attempt climbing any other type of stand without being attached to the tree right from the ground. Its just not worth it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

it was really the picture of Lee and Tiffany on the box that sold me, but I'm gonna give you guys the credit!

Lee takes up like 90% of the box. He shows up twice.  But hey, it's 2018 and we're all about diversity.  What ever floats your boat.