chefhunter86 2018 Whitetail Classic Entry

1st congrats!

Two questions;

1. Is this thread just for Chef’s contest deer?

2. Do I have to write my info on toilet papers and black crayon like chef apparently did?!?!?

I only ask because I plan on running away with this contest this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2018 at 5:44 PM, crappyice said:

1st congrats!

Two questions;

1. Is this thread just for Chef’s contest deer?

2. Do I have to write my info on toilet papers and black crayon like chef apparently did?!?!?

I only ask because I plan on running away with this contest this weekend

1. Yes. Each person that entered has his/her own thread to put their entries in.

2. It helps!

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ll have to take a better pick when I get the head back from the butcher in the next day or two he’s actually a 7 he has one point on his right antler that’s just over a inch that I didn’t notice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You got some good eating there, but the contest clearly states you can only enter two bucks.  If you use that as your second one, you could wind up screwing yourself out of some points.   I asked for clarification on this before the cut-off date and a moderator made it very clear that only two bucks and two does were allowed, regardless of "headgear.    I hope you saved the liver.  There is no wild game meat (short of moose tongue) that is better eating than fresh, medium rare button buck liver.   Congrats on the spectacular kill.   I have not been able to shoot one myself since 2012.  Watch out for FSW.

Got me one of those (but a doe) in the freezer too from a buddy who shot it. Good natured ball busting is appropriate and I am sure well accepted and expected. (We call him The Abortionist!)
I am looking forward to the 20 pounds (ok maybe it’s 17 or so) of yummy and I and sure none of your will go to waste.
CONGRATS!

• Like 2

Got me one of those (but a doe) in the freezer too from a buddy who shot it. Good natured ball busting is appropriate and I am sure well accepted and expected. (We call him The Abortionist!)
I am looking forward to the 20 pounds (ok maybe it’s 17 or so) of yummy and I and sure none of your will go to waste.
CONGRATS!

• Like 1

Did the butt-out work ok on the bb ?  The first failure that I experienced with mine happened when I tried it on one that my buddy killed on opening day morning of gun season in 2016.   I suspect that the wall thickness may not be well enough developed at that age to let the teeth engage properly.  I threw the thing down next to the gut-pile that morning.  In the afternoon, when momma doe showed up at milking time, I shot her right next to her fawn's gut-pile.  Since the butt-out was handy, I tried it again on her and experienced my second failure.  That was probably due to some of her fawn's liner material fouling the teeth.   I cleaned the thing up and it worked perfect the next time (on the infamous Texas Heart Shot buck).   

I owe it all to you Chef, for talking me into buying that tool when the price dropped down to $ 7.00 on Amazon.  Without that "bore" gauge, I never could have proved the perfect shot-placement.  Although the shot placement was perfect, the results were not because the bullet took out a good neck roast on it's way out.