Cornell lands

Wheels0802

I have been Hunting it for the Past 5 years, If you put the time in and scout, you might get a deer. I usually get 2 does every year, However I live about 5 miles away from where I hunt. There's plenty of places to hunt, is it worth a 2 hrs drive, probably not, we are not overrun with deer, and the places that are in within the City limits and you cant hunt them.

I agree with Northsox.  Cornell lands are good to have for another option for locals like us and Cornell employees that can "run out back" with a bow at 5 pm.

On another note it is obvious that the Cornell deer reduction program using White Buffalo has worked as deer are not walking around campus like in the past I have not seen one with an ear tag this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been hunting their properties for about 3-4 years now. It took a season or so but I finally have a spot where i at least see a deer more often than not.  2 seasons ago, I saw the biggest buck ever saw in my life, 15 yards broadside, couldn't get a shot. Never saw it again. I've shot a couple doe down there. I drive down from Syracuse, I've see more deer on cornell property than i have in the places i have to hunt in 6K or 7A. I'm just happy to see and shoot a doe, i'm not the best hunter, so my expectations are never really that high...lol