Best Hunting Channel on YouTube...

GR HUNTER

By far the best hunting channel on Youtube that I follow has to be The Hunting Public. These boys are pleasure to watch. For those of you that don't know the channel, they basically hunt just public land and are very informative and do things the old fashioned way. No fancy sponsors, scent control sprays, etc. They used to be part of Midwest Whitetail but took off to do their own channel. They are currently hunting up in Minnesota with some other guys that hunt public and its just great to watch the different tactics.  They basically get in as tight to bedding areas as they can and don't freak out when they bump a deer.  They have a great turkey tour they did last spring as well.  Just thought I would share in case anyone wants to pass a few hours getting pumped up on some excellent public deer hunting before the opener. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Agreed on The Hunting Public.  I think they're paired up with the DIY Hunter right now, and that fella's reviews of tactics and gear is detailed and useful.

That 45 min video of the ghillie suit stalk was pretty exciting.  Watching (Zac, I think) run towards the camera after a two hour crawl was joy coming right through the screen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Agreed on The Hunting Public.  I think they're paired up with the DIY Hunter right now, and that fella's reviews of tactics and gear is detailed and useful.

That 45 min video of the ghillie suit stalk was pretty exciting.  Watching (Zac, I think) run towards the camera after a two hour crawl was joy coming right through the screen.

That was epic. I won't have that kind of patience until my 80th birthday. And basically only because I won't be able to move any faster. Great job even spotting that buck.

• Like 2

I found hunting public and diyhunter last year. Both great YouTube channels. Also enjoy wired to hunt. I started listening to wired to hunt podcast on my drive to and from Pittsburgh for work last summer. All those channels and podcasts are great. If you like that content try checking out the huntingbeast forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This guys picture and sound are incredible, I love this hunt. Gun hunts in the woods are my favorite things to watch for some reason lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s the DIY fella that’s currently out w/ The Hunting Public crew. Spot on, on his quality. A couple of his videos provided some great ideas on how to “trick out” my climber.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Have you ever checked out Rodney Elmer and Mountain Deer Taxidermy? They are a father and sons and some friends that track deer in Maine and Vermont. If you're into tracking or still hunting, you might like it. Reminds me of the early Benoits, before they got all commercial and Hollywood.

Edited by eaglemountainman
  • Like 1