Bowhunting in the rain

outdoorstom

I hunt when I can, sometimes it's raining, others not. I have good luck seeing deer in and around rain. It certainly makes me rethink my opportunities though, gun hunting, absolutely, pound them in the front shoulder. Bow, I typically won't hunt heavy/steady rain, I love a drizzle though. Also depends how desperate I am for venison. Ultimately, probably not the best idea for bow though. I've tracked a lot of deer, sometimes even those good shots can be hell to track, in the rain forget about it....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, Otto said:

I hunted yesterday in an occasional light rain.  I have the bow hanging in the garage, I’m sure it’s nice an dry now, but should I do anything to it to prevent rust or anything else? 

maybe wax the string a little,and you could/ should wipe the bow off when you get back in. If you waxed the string recently you are ok anyway.

17 hours ago, Otto said:

I hunted yesterday in an occasional light rain.  I have the bow hanging in the garage, I’m sure it’s nice an dry now, but should I do anything to it to prevent rust or anything else? 

You will get some surface rust unless all of the screws are stainless (most are not).  So a simple drying of the bow with a towel is all I do.