Scary stuff

Drew2255

So to make a long story short some clown (and that’s putting it lightly) decided it was cool to let an arrow loose before legal shooting time. Make matters worse he almost hit another hunter. That hunter being a young kid out with his dad. Here’s the link to read the story https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=242312&messages=51&state=Ct

Makes me think about wearing orange during bow season as well. Some people are just reckless...anybody wear orange during bow season? 

• Like 1

So to make a long story short some clown (and that’s putting it lightly) decided it was cool to let an arrow loose before legal shooting time. Make matters worse he almost hit another hunter. That hunter being a young kid out with his dad. Here’s the link to read the story https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=242312&messages=51&state=Ct
Makes me think about wearing orange during bow season as well. Some people are just reckless...anybody wear orange during bow season? 

I do because I hunt on state land and you never know what people are doing. Even if they are small game hunting I’d rather not get peppered when they shoot at a pheasant or squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap, I read the thread and I get the guys flight instinct kicked in , but he is doing other hunters a disjustice by not getting some sort of law enforcement involved. This dumbass needs to go down for this because I will bet this is not the first time he’s done this.. 

• Like 1

was sitting in a tree stand one time and some guys on the neighboring property were out squirrel hunting and had no idea i was there.  I was hunting close enough to property line that i got down and out of there.  I knew they had no idea i was around.  I had my back to the line and a tree but def lifted the hair on the neck a bit.   

How about the dad not flat lining the guy who shot the arrow. Back in the day ,if that was my dad and i ,that guy wouldn't remember anything that happened that day . Id have a hard time not going after someone like that and just using my bow as a club. Serious self control.

I have never considered wearing orange during archery season and can't imagine how it would have made a difference here.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't believe for one second that the guy didn't know he was shooting at two people.  My bet is that it was intentionally done to scare them off of "his" spot.

When I was young I spent a lot of time hunting state land in Cattaraugus county and came across a couple of jerks like this. Once I saw a guy and his wife with a shotgun pointed at another hunter, going off about "their" spot. I once had shots fired in my direction after someone told me I was to stay out of his area of state land.   I think that guy was trying to scare them off. I hope they catch him.

4 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

I have never considered wearing orange during archery season and can't imagine how it would have made a difference here.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't believe for one second that the guy didn't know he was shooting at two people.  My bet is that it was intentionally done to scare them off of "his" spot.

When I was young I spent a lot of time hunting state land in Cattaraugus county and came across a couple of jerks like this. Once I saw a guy and his wife with a shotgun pointed at another hunter, going off about "their" spot. I once had shots fired in my direction after someone told me I was to stay out of his area of state land.   I think that guy was trying to scare them off. I hope they catch him.

and  illegal  to carry a handgun on an unrestricted permit while bowhunting or ml season.   I'll leave it at that......

• Like 1

Which state land? I’ve always had great interactions with other hunters at Coyle Hill and Harwood Lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

36 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Which state land? I’ve always had great interactions with other hunters at Coyle Hill and Harwood Lake

It happened in a different state Connecticut or Massachusetts on  the Border somewhere

nipmuk state forest 

32 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Both of those were at East Otto State Forest, maybe 15 years ago.  I have had hundreds of great interactions with other hunters, we all have of course, but there were a couple of guys back then that were a real problem in that area. The DEC was looking for them and the locals knew about them, not sure what ever happened. I mostly hunted private property that bordered the state land so I stayed on my side.

Regardless, this guys said the shooter was 20 yards away in a climber, they could SEE each other.  Accident?

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

So you think ! as they (trespassers) are also probably thinking the same thing. 

Trespassers aren't a concern where we are. We are surrounded by a farm which is leased by a state trooper and everybody in the area knows who is and stays away from there. 

Alright. So I'm not a huge technology guy! Actually I hate it most of the time. But I had my son with me yesterday. He's 11. And we are sitting in this make shift ground blind. And I hear a couple shots. 22 I think. Then a few minutes later a little closer. So I start to think I wish I had orange or something to flag incase I see these guys! So I started thinking. Wouldn't it be great if there was an app we could download that would make u aware that u were close to another hunter. I don't know the details. But it was just a thought. It may have stopped this! 

9 minutes ago, nodeerhere said:

Alright. So I'm not a huge technology guy! Actually I hate it most of the time. But I had my son with me yesterday. He's 11. And we are sitting in this make shift ground blind. And I hear a couple shots. 22 I think. Then a few minutes later a little closer. So I start to think I wish I had orange or something to flag incase I see these guys! So I started thinking. Wouldn't it be great if there was an app we could download that would make u aware that u were close to another hunter. I don't know the details. But it was just a thought. It may have stopped this! 

sounds like a great idea except for some of the biggest slob hunters their are. Amish who don't use electronics by faith and apparently can't read posted signs from my understanding.

Edited by turkeyfeathers

14 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

At the very least that arrow is getting snapped in half and the Luminock is going in my pocket

I read comments they asked why he didnt retaliate. His response was the son wanted to go home right away and was scared. when he returned to retaliate the perpetrator was long gone. I figured take his arrow put in a tire, drop kid off, return to find moron changing a tire and deal with him there. 

• Like 1

So if we all have the same fight (hell no to the flight) reaction especially with our kid involved, is anyone else calling BS on this whole story? I just can’t see me leaving this guy unharmed or un-arrested! Something smells funny hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk