Local Butchers/Deer Processors

RPI Bush Hunter

Hey all,

I’m wondering if anybody uses any local butchers to process their meat for them? If so, I was wondering if I could get a gauge on prices and/or overall experience? In years past I have just driven my deer up to my home in Northern Washington County but with my schedule this semester of school it looks like doing so will be tough. Thanks in advance and good luck in the woods! 

1 hour ago, biggamefish said:

There is a place in Clifton park down by the Mohawk river. I can grab the name if you can't find it in a gogle search. 

Looking like Fred the Butcher if my searching is correct? I’ll give them a call when they open up. I appreciate it! 

4 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

I also used a guy in Duanseburg last year based on a referral from this site - he was solid, but that seems way out of your way. If you want that info let me know. 

I’ll absolutely take his info if you have it. Can never have too many options! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jcurtis
      Anyone know of a good place to have a deer processed in dutchess county? It is my first year in the area and Am planning my hunt for the fall and want to find somewhere to go if I am successful this year. 
    • By Dlove
      So here's my story. This is my second season hunting. I hunt on about 75-100 acres of private land with 3 other hunters. The owner of the land is retired and keeps daily notes on hunting times, amount of deer, turkey, etc seen (and has been for like 20 years). 2 years ago, by the end of early bow season had counted some 400 deer. Last year was thought to be the worst season he has ever seen with only seeing about 200 deer and about 300 turkey before gun season. But this year it is even worse. Zero turkey and only 48 deer have been seen. Last year there was mostly nocturnal movement. This year we arent even seeing any signs inculding tracks and nothing on our trailcams. They arent using trails they have been using for 20+ years. We thought maybe a lot of coyotes have moved in but we havent even seen/heard them either.
      As far as landscape and terrain. Nothing has changed. To make them alter their patterns from previous years.
      SO, my questions are:
      1. Where are all the deer?!
      2. Any ideas whats going on?
      3. Are other hunters having the same problem?
    • By goodfight81
      I just moved to the suffolk area and am trying to find any groups/individuals/butchers etc. that sell wild hunted/caught game. Any information would be great, thanks.
    • By reaper7497
      I am looking for a good venison processor in the Jefferson County area.  Looking for ones that can do some custom meat mixs!
      Any information or links you can provide will be appreciated!

Thanks
    • By 518BowSlayer
      Anyone know of any decent taxidermist in the Albany area? I know there are a lot around but most of them don't have websites and it would be nice to find one for a decent price.