Removing stank from rubber boots ?!

turkeyfeathers

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Man they stink when I take them off. wear smartwool socks and don't feel like my feet are sweating but obviously they are. I tuck my pants into them assuming the stink is somewhat contained but.....

Ideas/suggestions ?

Step in deep muck that allows water to flow over the top and in.  You won't even notice the feet smell.  Like a cover scent.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Grab a bag of corn and bury your boots down in the bag. Fill them right up with corn. Make sure it’s whole corn as I’d think cracked corn would be a little messier. Corn sucks the odor and moisture right out.

I better remember to take the corn out before wearing or I'll get nabbed for baiting

• Like 1

Moisture helps bacteria grow, hence the smell. I have those air dry, boot dryers, and dry my boots as soon as I take them off. That helps. And as the temps cool and get cold, dry boots are much warmer. Also use the carbon inserts from Dr. Sholls too. 

• Like 2

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

Wash your feet! 

I dry mine and then hang them outside in shed.  And I spray the inside with nose jammer.  

Seriously Rob.  Wash your feet.  That's a lot of unnecessary bending over.  And hanging your feet in the shed seems like a drastic remedy.

• Haha 4

I tried the baking soda, and even the powders that claim to eliminate odors in the past. The powders build up and make more bacteria and stink IMO.

Wash those socks in apple cider! Clean out the boots with apple cider! Now you are legal bait because your feet smell like apples but there's really no bait, just a smell!

Or just hunt barefoot.