My Dads Rifle

The past couple of weeks have been pretty rough. My dad went into the hospital last Wednesday, and by Monday afternoon, I was holding his hand as he took his last breath. The last 2 days have been a whirlwind, so I took A bit of time today to prep one of the rifles he left me. It is a new in the box Remington 7400 chambered in .308 with a Remington 4-12x40 scope. After tightening down the scope mount, I walked Up to my pond to get setup. As I crested The hill, I saw A very nice 8 and a doe standing at the edge of the pond. I watched As they left and got setup. I got The gun sighted in and then laid down a decent 3 shot group. After that I tweaked it and got her shooting nicely in the bullseye. This year I will Hunt all gun season with this rifle in honor of my dad. 
5774984A-F25E-48A7-B637-2F8E5AE34F88.thumb.jpeg.d0a8d8a01425567a16e6bfd246dd05e8.jpeg
44A4DE9B-718B-480C-9C8A-30ED9A9649EF.thumb.jpeg.7f8d7d7cca2f28706718713b881eefc3.jpeg

Sorry for your loss man. I’m just reading this for the first time. you are a first class guy so he must have been pretty great! Good luck this year with that rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1