Why no Blaze Orange Backpacks ?

I have been thinking about this lately with a few folks having close calls . Why doesn't some company make Blaze Orange Back Packs ? They could be a life saver . The deer don't recognize the orange at all . It seems funny to wear Blaze Orange jacket during gun season and have a camo back pack on . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have been thinking about this lately with a few folks having close calls . Why doesn't some company make Blaze Orange Back Packs ? They could be a life saver . The deer don't recognize the orange at all . It seems funny to wear Blaze Orange jacket during gun season and have a camo back pack on . 

Great idea but you could easily buy some blaze orange material off ebay or Amazon  for cheep and attach it  to any backpack just as easily. 

I have a cheap mesh blaze orange vest. The kind you buy at Walmart for $4 when you forget yours. I bring at least one, sometimes two extra orange vests. The mesh one can be wrapped around the backpack and tied to it. There, a $4 non permanent solution. 

Also, I read a super in-depth article a few years ago from UGA about deer eye sight. Apparently deer may be able to see some color range. The blue-green range may be viewable to them. The red spectrum would appear as grey. So while they don’t “see” orange they potentially see a giant grey spot in an otherwise greenish blue world. I used to think camo was worthless but I think it might have some use. 

Edited by pitweiler

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 8:56 PM, fasteddie said:

If your looking for a cheap one check runnings they have an orange/camo one for $25 it looked nice and I might pick one up myself.