Look what I found

Chef

While cleaning Monday’s doe I found these one in each front shoulder. My wife was worried because the arrow was aluminum and made me throw out the meat surrounding the arrow. She must have been one tough animal to survive this. I want to know how it was in both shoulder blades and she survived. 1ad56b889ffcc37e5a78f41fb7413682.jpga6e6c8c2f7405142f0207c3e44b8e5dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

That is crazy! both the same arrow? They are tough animals. I have an old boy, whos 9.5 yrs this fall. Two years ago, As a 7.5yr old he took a .270 round through the lower gut and survived! I have no clue how they are capable of doing such things. Attached are a couple pics of the scars on both sides the year after.. I am good friends with the neighbor who shot him there. 

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

• Like 4

wonder if it could be two different arrows?

I thought that, but they were both aluminum which I feel is kind of rare these days, and it looked like they had the same pattern from
What I could tell. The only think that was weird was in both shoulders the arrow was flat against the Shoulder blade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wow amazing I know how tough they are. Years ago my friend shot a small 3 pt   and when we were skinning it I hit something hard on the breastplate ,a thick smelly gray mass so I cut around it . After we got him skinned I cut the mass out and man it stunk to holy hell and in the middle I found a small bullet maybe a .380 or 9mm . that poor thing was running around with that lodged in his chest since the summer.

December 9 , 2006 , I shot a buck during ML season . When I got to it , it looked strange . It had a broken off arrow through it's cheek and by it's neck causing bleeding . No idea how long the arrow had been there . The arrow had one of those clips for a tracking string . 

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 007.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 016.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Broadhead 003.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

December 9 , 2006 , I shot a buck during ML season . When I got to it , it looked strange . It had a broken off arrow through it's cheek and by it's neck causing bleeding . No idea how long the arrow had been there . The arrow had one of those clips for a tracking string . 

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 007.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Sharyn's 12-09-06 016.jpg

BP 8 point buck at Broadhead 003.jpg

Apparently needed a longer tracking string 

most i ever found in one deer i cut up that my brother shot was 5 20 ga slugs 4 .22 bullets , and a broadhead. the slugs were from week before rest were all healed up.
The deer had 9 rounds and a broadhead still in it?? How could you hit a deer that many times and not hit anything vital? I'm not sure you could even shoot a deer with 5 slugs and they all stay in the deer?? Any pictures?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, chrisw said:

The deer had 9 rounds and a broadhead still in it?? How could you hit a deer that many times and not hit anything vital? I'm not sure you could even shoot a deer with 5 slugs and they all stay in the deer?? Any pictures?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

the 5 20 ga were only an in deep in deer..fired at range by hunter previous week nothin vital. .22 rounds were in neck in green pockets/ lumps i assume a poacher. the broad head was in vertabra mid body.  i killed a droptine that had a 5in stick thru its chest cavity encased in a sac.. maybe what caused its drop tine that year. but it didnt seem to cause the deer any stress