Did u know..

Iluvracks1359

I was going to start a new thread for a question I have but now I'll just piggy back on this one. Last month I got my licenses: big game, small game, fishing, doe tags, and crossbow/mz. The big game allows for a buck tag, and the mz is either antlered or antlerless. Then just the other day I picked up my bow permit. When I got it though I was surprised that it looks identical to the mz tag, except that it's antlerless only. Is that right? It would seem that I can't take a buck with my bow?

Just now, Bolt action said:

I was going to start a new thread for a question I have but now I'll just piggy back on this one. Last month I got my licenses: big game, small game, fishing, doe tags, and crossbow/mz. The big game allows for a buck tag, and the mz is either antlered or antlerless. Then just the other day I picked up my bow permit. When I got it though I was surprised that it looks identical to the mz tag, except that it's antlerless only. Is that right? It would seem that I can't take a buck with my bow?

the mz and bow tag are the same - one anterless, one either buck/doe can be used for muzz or bow 

9 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Oh ok. So with those, assuming the deer cooperate, I could get one buck and one doe OR two doe.. but I could not harvest two bucks.. good to know. This is my first year where I have both the bow and the xbow..

can take two bucks by using the regular season tag during gun season or it can be used for the late season archery or late muzzle season as long as you have those licenses as well.  But for Bow and crossbow seasons before gun starts, you only have one tag that can be used for a buck.    

can take two bucks by using the regular season tag during gun season or it can be used for the late season archery or late muzzle season as long as you have those licenses as well.  But for Bow and crossbow seasons before gun starts, you only have one tag that can be used for a buck.    

Not 100% true..since 3s’s REGULAR SEASON is bow only ALWAYS, the regular season gun/buck tag can be used on a buck any time from Oct 1-12/31(that’s the REGULAR SEASON). So that would mean 1 buck with the bow tag and 1 buck with the gun/regular season tag.

It’s an odd exception for areas that are purely bow only all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Not 100% true..since 3s’s REGULAR SEASON is bow only ALWAYS, the regular season gun/buck tag can be used on a buck any time from Oct 1-12/31(that’s the REGULAR SEASON). So that would mean 1 buck with the bow tag and 1 buck with the gun/regular season tag.

It’s an odd exception for areas that are purely bow only all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told the same with Suffolk.  Another bow only area, till shotgun in Jan. 

Edited by NFA-ADK