People who lease

Jeremy K

we hunt two leases and it was based on relationships with farmers.  my buddy david was helping them out before they agreed to lease to him.    You could try sending letters, posting in the local tractor supply and feed stores, checking craigslist or knocking on doors.  Spring would likely be a better time.   Its not easy around here without some prior relationship or in.  Good luck Jeremy.  2hrs is a long drive for a day hunt.

Got mine from a guy on here....he placed and add on day and it ended up being a perfect situation for me. Have ended up building a great relationship with him and he recently put me into a bigger parcel. Cut my drive time one way down a ton....in the end it is deff worth it if you can get closer to home.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Found my first one on Craigslist, the one we got this year is with  hunting lease  network. Not too impressed nobody wants to return  my calls and the guy that is supposed to cover our area cant seem to find time to return my texts. 

47 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I just leased from cotton hanlon. Easy and painless. They return my messages immediately,  and answer the phones when I call. So far so good.

I looked into hunting lease network land a couple of years ago and no one contacted me back.

Not surprising knowing what I know now, once getting the lease papers it was painless getting everything signed etc. This lease is only 8 minutes from my house so if it turns out  to be decent I may have to put up with them.. 

• Like 1

Found both of ours on Craigslist.. the first one was in Yorkshire.  We ditched that one after 3 years because most of the land was crops.  That was 80 acres... the one we have now is all wooded, 120 acres but its 70 miles from my home in Alden.  I do not really mind the drive and we had a good year last year.  This lease backs up onto state land also, so if you like walking you can walk all day long.