I got something on my camera I didn't expect

E J

My five year old and I went out to pull camera cards about an hour ago. He told me he was hoping we would get a bear or a moose on the camera. I told him there was no way that would happen. Well I'll have to stop telling him that because I sure didn't think I'd get a freaking elk or whatever it is on the camera either! I am in north central Wayne county and I'm pretty sure there aren't and game farms around so I have no idea where this thing came from.

IMG_20181007_150704152.jpg

• Like 13

Considering your in north central Wayne County, I'm wondering if it's an elk escapee from Savannah Dhu wildlife and fishing preserve in Clyde? Kind of a well known high fence private hunting preserve. The owner (Bob Congel) invites athletes and celebrities to hunt there. I visited that place while taking a course in college and we did some electroshocking in the lakes there. All I can say is WOW! Loaded with elk, deer, and Russian wild boar. 

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 2

It sure doesn't take an elk long to go 30 or 40 miles if he is of a mind to...

When I was bowhunting / MZ  hunting elk out west it was not uncommon for elk to travel 8-10 miles daily between bedding areas and feeding areas...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, E J said:

My five year old and I went out to pull camera cards about an hour ago. He told me he was hoping we would get a bear or a moose on the camera. I told him there was no way that would happen. Well I'll have to stop telling him that because I sure didn't think I'd get a freaking elk or whatever it is on the camera either! I am in north central Wayne county and I'm pretty sure there aren't and game farms around so I have no idea where this thing came from.

IMG_20181007_150704152.jpg

To me it looks like  European species of deer  red deer definitely 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...