Horrific limo crash in Schoharie, 20 dead

Jdubs

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Jesus, that never should have happened. 

There are many different factors that could have caused this limo accident.  We'll have to wait for the NTSB to do their investigation. 

I just met with a well driller from Schoharie yesterday.  Great guy, true country in the sense we used to say down South.  Small town, hard to imagine a tragedy like this doesn't hit everyone one way or another.  Condolences to all.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

4 of the girls killed were originally from c hazy lake ny now living in amsterdam. Left a local father fatherless and young children. My prayers go out to the family. C hazy lake is 10 minutes fro m my house waiting to find out the names.

https://nypost.com/2018/10/07/limo-crash-killed-4-sisters-and-their-husbands-aunt-says/

Unfortunately I know that intersection very well and a few of the dead....wasn’t close with any of them but I know who a few of them are. I feel terrible for their families and my other friends who are close with them.

That intersection has been a terrible accident like this waiting to happen. Honestly I’m shocked this hasn’t already happened. I know there’s been big rigs that’s have blown that stop sign and gone through the parking lot of the Apple cafe and ended up in the fields behind it. It’s a very long down hill with no curves to help scrub speed. I’ve towed countless heavy loads up and down that hill and I know I’m not the only one who’s had some serious brake fade going down it. I’ve always wondered why they don’t restrict trucks and other large vehicles from traveling that hill.

Hopefully now they will do something to stop this from ever happening again. The town and state have known this as a dangerous intersection for a long time now. It was only a matter of time before someone paid the ultimate price.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

Limo failed inspection last month and should not have been on the road. Driver did not have proper driver's license. NY state is going to court to temporarily shut the limo company down while the NTSB investigates.

DOT can fail a vehicle for a wide variety of reasons, but that doesn't mean the vehicle wasn't subsequently repaired and passed.  Jesus, if they knowingly scraped off a failure sticker and put a non-DOT licensed driver without a current medical card behind the wheel, then I hope those people all go to prison for manslaughter.

https://www.news10.com/news/local-news/limo-in-deadly-crash-had-failed-inspection-driver-did-not-have-proper-license-says-gov-cuomo/1507355307?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_WTEN

Edited by Jdubs

Absolutely horrible. It's no help to the loss, but I saw they have a go fund me around 100k already. Obviously makes a big impact on people when 20 lives are lost. Damn shame. If there's faults that could have prevented this....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk