first deer

f3cbboy

Very nice!! TAKE YOUR KID HUNTING should be an annual American tradition and holiday.:pleasantry: Actually it was way back in the day. Opening day of either deer or pheasant season was a free GET OUT OF SCHOOL DAY pass. My how things have changed. Then again having a big sack of trapped muskrats and raccoons, and a .22 rifle in my locker was entirely acceptable then as well.

Never hunted deer very much with my Dad because he was always the designated driver for a bunch of his friends who were basically there to drink and play cards. Probably a good thing that he didn't take me along because I stayed home drinking and playing cards with my own friends :drinks:Lots of mornings in duck blinds though, and I used to put a lot of those little rubber patches on his chest waders for him. He has Alzheimer's now and we're slowly losing him. It breaks my heart. It really is "The Long Goodbye".

Take your kids hunting, camping, fishing and make memories. There are no do-overs or reset buttons on this folks. You do it now or it'll be gone forever. Sorry for the sermon.

• Like 1