Bionic's 3 handed adventures.

Bionic

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Just remember as I tell people that don't hunt and ask me "how can you kill or shoot a deer?". That a deer getting shot from a hunter is prob the easiest way that animal has to pass. Otherwise when they do go, they starve, freeze, fall thru the ice, get hit by a car, disease, injury etc etc. None of it is as quick and and as painless as a shot from a hunter.

And the fact you appreciate the opportunity so much says a lot about you.  Glad you got the chance and the experience. It makes you appreciate it even more. 

You nailed it.  I say that too honestly.  I also say these deer can get hit by a train, car, etc, and be wasted.  I am not looking for attention, but I have always been fortunate in having one shot, good kills.  I never had to experience the sight of the deer actually dying.  I knew it happens, but to have messed up the shot, and having to have had to follow this guy, was a rough experience.  I realize this isn’t something that only I have experienced, but this is the first for me, and it been tough.  Like I said, I am not looking for attention, but I am just being honest with this entire situation.

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 3

Congrats!! Remorse is the hardest thing to deal with but as general lee once said, the hardest thing is ordering the death of the thing you love.( he of couse was refering to his army) but same can be said when you work the land and grow the game and then decide to take an animal you have watched and nurtured, its a deep connection one not to be taken lightly. If one doesnt feel it then i would question their values and morals. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, G-Man said:

Congrats!! Remorse is the hardest thing to deal with but as general lee once said, the hardest thing is ordering the death of the thing you love.( he of couse was refering to his army) but same can be said when you work the land and grow the game and then decide to take an animal you have watched and nurtured, its a deep connection one not to be taken lightly. If one doesnt feel it then i would question their values and morals. 

Thanks G! I appreciate those words.  

18 hours ago, Bionic said:

I am thinking about a shoulder mount like this.  Right turn, head down a little, ears back, but not mad ears as pictured.

928D599E-33A8-435E-8F7E-0930A731FD38.jpeg

AF6E27E3-36FE-4C44-81AA-10BEF15B1F14.jpeg

Google Wall Pedestal Mount Please. @TreeGuy turned me on to that mount and honestly it just throws another dimension into it makes it seem even more life like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Google Wall Pedestal Mount Please. @TreeGuy turned me on to that mount and honestly it just throws another dimension into it makes it seem even more life like. 

The pedestals that I have seen in person, I honestly did not care for, I do not like the harsh neck turn, etc.  i will google though, and see if I am missing something though.  Might start a thread too!

I am still blown away

• Like 2

@Moho81

this is beautiful.  I very much want a posture that reminds me what he, and I went through. I want the pose to remind me of that day, not something that makes him look like a picture perfect buck you saw in a field, at sunset driving home.  I am still leaning towards what I posted before, with ears back...still very open to ideas

4FBAC3F8-8AB7-4A53-8D31-716813990E95.jpeg

E900DD0A-6997-4BAF-90A7-AF78A460F922.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

And also enjoying it with some Bionic rub !

Now that you have a gut pile, you need to hunt coyote.

Hey, that’s a great idea! I am looking forward to it, its going to very special adding the bionic rub to venison.

Edited by Bionic

I couldn’t agree with you more. If possible I would want to replicate how he looked in the woods before the shot was taken. This way every time you look at him your reminded of that day even more and the sacrifice he made to put food on your table.

I wanted you to look at the wall pedestal because they do come in a lot of poses and I do personally think they add another dimension to them making the mount more life like than a standard shoulder mount.

But I also realize everyone is different and has their own taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I couldn’t agree with you more. If possible I would want to replicate how he looked in the woods before the shot was taken. This way every time you look at him your reminded of that day even more and the sacrifice he made to put food on your table.

I wanted you to look at the wall pedestal because they do come in a lot of poses and I do personally think they add another dimension to them making the mount more life like than a standard shoulder mount.

But I also realize everyone is different and has their own taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate the input, I always enjoy your replies to me.  This gives me more ideas on what to decide.  I might have the ears put back in some type of distress poss, since it was not a pleasant harvest.  

5 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I'll have to take a picture but my only mount has the ears going back slightly almost following the main beams.  It makes him look almost the way he was when I pulled the trigger.   But the ears back dont look like he wants to fight.

I love ears back, but these pictured are slanted back AND down.  My mount that I already have has ears back that follow the main beams like yours, which I love.  The ears seems tipped down make it appear as hes annoyed, or trying to intimidate, which is what I meant by ready to fight.  Im referring to these two.  

5577A8CB-A787-4255-BFFD-8BD1C1B89695.jpeg

8DAAAEF2-40EA-46A7-8AFE-6266D3E1FD3F.jpeg

• Like 3

I have 3 cameras setup in a a small cluster out in the woods between my house, and road.  @G-Man told me about this camera trick, well I call it a camera trick, where in one spot you place a camera facing a certain direction, and then place another camera pointing say 90 degrees in the other direction of choice.  It seems to work sometimes for me, but anyways I set 3 cameras up in a similar fashion.  I made a mock scrape out front now, and this cow showed up within like 8 hrs.  Really cool to set up a mock scrape, and get some of the largest bucks IN it, and get caught on camera.  I know I am extremely late to the mock scrape idea, but STUPID me, lol.  This buck only has a right side brow like my crossbow buck.  A lot of deer up here seem to have poor brows, but the right sides are typically taller.  Just chit chatting/sharing, I enjoy trail cams a lot.

I need to set up next year in an spot that actually has a hardwood licking branch overhead.  I have mostly pines here, and my original mock scrape by my tower, I set under a small pine sapling, I figured it was worth a try.  The bucks are hitting that scrape out back like crazy, but only a few put their heads up to sniff the branch.  I know some will put a glove on, and zip tie a branch up, but once the leaves dry up, and fall off that clipped branch, is it still effective? I know they are leaving scent on it, so i guess their scent would be on the leafless branch.  

B434B2D6-1AB8-441E-A759-31F0A41C10FF.jpeg

E170DB76-5FC4-42B9-83F0-FCDD47A36F02.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Bionic said:

need to set up next year in an spot that actually has a hardwood licking branch overhead.  I have mostly pines here, and my original mock scrape by my tower, I set under a small pine sapling, I figured it was worth a try.  The bucks are hitting that scrape out back like crazy, but only a few put their heads up to sniff the branch.  I know some will put a glove on, and zip tie a branch up, but once the leaves dry up, and fall off that clipped branch, is it still effective? I know they are leaving scent on it, so i guess their scent would be on the leafless branch.  

You can just add your own hardwood branch instead.  Just cut the branch you want to use and secure it to the pine tree with a couple zip ties.  It will still be effective even without leaves.  I only use grape vine on my mock scrapes.  They last really well and hold a ton of scent.  I have one vine that has been in place for 4 years now.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

You can just add your own hardwood branch instead.  Just cut the branch you want to use and secure it to the pine tree with a couple zip ties.  It will still be effective even without leaves.  I only use grape vine on my mock scrapes.  They last really well and hold a ton of scent.  I have one vine that has been in place for 4 years now.  

Thank you for explaining that to me,  i am going to do this next season, it was an absolute game changer for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...