Bionic's 3 handed adventures.

Bionic

Sadly no, i was shooting the bow a bit, and it was bothering my elbow a lot.....My left elbow with the prosthetic.  I just cannot afford to aggravate that elbow, since it has to hold the bionic arm’s.  I am not one to quit, but I don’t see much more bow hunting in my future.  I honestly do not enjoy shooting it anyways, so it will be, what it will be.

I’m a little late to this party but from what I’ve seen from you I’m shocked you even knew how to spell quit as it’s just not in your vocabulary. You’ll get it figured out and be out their hunting with the compound again next year. Until then we are a day away from Xbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’m a little late to this party but from what I’ve seen from you I’m shocked you even knew how to spell quit as it’s just not in your vocabulary. You’ll get it figured out and be out their hunting with the compound again next year. Until then we are a day away from Xbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, and you are right, I will be back out with it.  I also did not go bow hunting too much because, I feel like i burn my spots out during it. Since I have started bow hunting about 5 yrs ago, I notice less, and less deer closer we get to regular season, compared to when I ONLY rifle hunted.  I have seen a complete positive difference, as far as trail cams, and the few hunts I have sat.  All in all, I said before I bought my compound bow, that I at least wanted to get one deer with it, and that I have done.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Bionic said:

Still can’t believe it.  

E888F28E-A515-4FCC-8CE0-157C908EF001.jpeg

F05348B6-F5BF-4260-9792-0EA26852DD61.jpeg

759CDF0E-E8C2-412C-B9F5-5CD6B34BC001.jpeg

16A31940-668F-4434-A483-F212EBBA2792.jpeg

073B8650-333B-41BF-9781-57B6CA4AEE7B.jpeg

212B4F08-7CDD-4C2D-B485-3C9D46858816.jpeg

EE3A1B1F-5AEB-4BA1-A831-F151D4C55BEB.jpeg

That’s friggen awesome, congrats buddy.You formed a plan and didn’t over hunt your area and it payed off.Did you shoot him out of your elevated box blind ? Congrats again..

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rob-c said:

That’s friggen awesome, congrats buddy.You formed a plan and didn’t over hunt your area and it payed off.Did you shoot him out of your elevated box blind ? Congrats again..

Thank you! Yes, he came in slowly with a doe, from my left side basically from 10 o’clock position.  My front window was open, non others.  They both decided to turn right, maybe 15 yards out.  As they both slowly walked by to my left 9 o’clock, then 8 o’clock position, they were now in between windows, so i turned myself around, and slid the rear window open. It get relatively thick back in there, and usually do not see deer travel through there, so i never made a long shooting lane back in there. At this point the doe walks about 15 yards a head of the buck, buck is just rubbing on brush...so I see where she walked through, a I am trying to think ahead now at this point, so I look for a window of shot opportunity.  I find one, and set myself up looking through the scope,  to see if I can notice anything in the scope I hadn’t seen by eye.  It looked good, I just needed him in a very precise spot/distance from me to be CLEAR.  It was my time because he followed her, and stopped exactly where I needed him to.  I was already in position, safety off, etc, once he stopped, I shot.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Thank you! Yes, he came in slowly with a doe, from my left side basically from 10 o’clock position.  My front window was open, non others.  They both decided to turn right, maybe 15 yards out.  As they both slowly walked by to my left 9 o’clock, then 8 o’clock position, they were now in between windows, so i turned myself around, and slid the rear window open. It get relatively thick back in there, and usually do not see deer travel through there, so i never made a long shooting lane back in there. At this point the doe walks about 15 yards a head of the buck, buck is just rubbing on brush...so I see where she walked through, a I am trying to think ahead now at this point, so I look for a window of shot opportunity.  I find one, and set myself up looking through the scope,  to see if I can notice anything in the scope I hadn’t seen by eye.  It looked good, I just needed him in a very precise spot/distance from me to be CLEAR.  It was my time because he followed her, and stopped exactly where I needed him to.  I was already in position, safety off, etc, once he stopped, I shot.

Love it. icing on the cake, or should I say back straps on the grill , that you shot him out if you’re box blind. Nice buck...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

Congratz on the Dandy buck! Your pictures are quality as well. I get your satisfaction for sure. Your land, your sweat equity in building the blind. It is an extra bit of satisfaction. It tastes better too!! Enjoy!

I appreciate that a lot.  You definitely do understand my satisfaction, I love animals honestly more than people, and some people do not understand how  that can be, since I hunt. It is something I cannot put into words.  It all just means so much to me, it is dreams that are coming true.  Some take it for granted, not me, i keep reliving what I put that deer through, and it’s bothering me a lot.  

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Moho81 said:

That's the biggest smile I've ever seen you have!!!!

I'm sure the taxidermy bill will change that. Lol

lol, i am looking forward to staring at him up on the wall.  I know you are joking, but priceless to me, I owe it to this buck.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I appreciate that a lot.  You definitely do understand my satisfaction, I love animals honestly more than people, and some people do not understand how  that can be, since I hunt. It is something I cannot put into words.  It all just means so much to me, it is dreams that are coming true.  Some take it for granted, not me, i keep reliving what I put that deer through, and it’s bothering me a lot.  

Just remember as I tell people that don't hunt and ask me "how can you kill or shoot a deer?". That a deer getting shot from a hunter is prob the easiest way that animal has to pass. Otherwise when they do go, they starve, freeze, fall thru the ice, get hit by a car, disease, injury etc etc. None of it is as quick and and as painless as a shot from a hunter.

And the fact you appreciate the opportunity so much says a lot about you.  Glad you got the chance and the experience. It makes you appreciate it even more. 

• Like 2